Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone own one of those new airbeam tents (Berghaus / Outwell etc)?
  • devash
    Free Member

Mrs Devash and I are in the market for a larger tent (something with a living space) for our regular camping trips. We currently use a Vango 3 man trekking which is rock solid but doesn’t have much space to chill in when the weather turns bad, so we are looking to buy a larger tent with standing room and somewhere to put up a table.

We’ve seen some cracking deals about on airbeam tents (pump-up, no poles) which appeal because of their quick pitch / takedown time, but are a little dubious about their reliability. Any Singletrackers have experience with these kinds of tents?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got the 4 man Berghaus one recently for a bit of a bargain price. Only used once so can’t comment on durability. Easy to get up and down. Only downsize is a huge pack size, as big as our 7 man Outwell.

devash
    Free Member

The Berghaus 4 man one is on our list. Whereabouts did you pick it up for a decent price?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ceepers

we bought a 7 man outwell airbeam (corvette i think) this year and have camped for over three weeks in it in the summer.

It’s ace – way too big for what we actually “need” but perfect for an extended family holiday especially when you might need to spend some of it sheltering from the rain!

It’s really quick to put up in comparison to our old tent and packs away pretty quick and easy too. I think having an electric pump would be a boon – its quite hard work inflating all the beams on a hot day!

So far its been great – really solid in wind and weather and no punctures or anything like that.

Not cheap but we bought ours ex display which helped

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own one of those new airbeam tents (Berghaus / Outwell etc)?’ is closed to new replies.