Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone own Halo Freedom Disc 29er?
  • Earl
    Free Member

Looking for new front wheel. Im 15+ stone. Any owner opinions on the Halo please.
    Approx £90
    1.1kg inc qr

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=26808

Or JRA do a Flow on XT hub for £120 posted. Will it be much stronger/lighter?

MrTall
    Free Member

I have a front Halo freedom 29er wheel on my Inbred (running 15mm bolt thru).

It’s been rock solid to date and i’m about 16st. I have heard that the freehubs aren’t wonderful on the rear wheels though but i have no personal experience of it.

Shackleton

I tried a Halo wheel once and it felt so heavy and sluggish compared to my Arch/ProII set up. I found that rim and tyre weight makes a much bigger difference for 29ers than I expected. Especially singlespeed.

I have a Bonty Racelight TLR QR tubeless ready wheel that is a couple of years old but has only been used twice going spare if you are interested. I can find out exactly which model and take photos tonight if you like. Email in profile.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair on my Swift. They aren’t the lightest wheels but they seem plenty tough enough and I managed to get them cheap in a sale. The rear freehub has been ok on mine so far. There is a little grease port in the hub body and I flushed it through with fresh grease a little while ago. Not sure if I did the right thing but its still spinning and has even quietened down a little bit.

I’ve used the rear wheel with both single speed spacers and now a Shimano 9 speed cassette and it doesn’t look like the freehub body has been chewed up by the sprockets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own Halo Freedom Disc 29er?’ is closed to new replies.