Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone own a Synoment Alpkit jkt
  • postierich
    Free Member

https://www.alpkit.com/products/synoment-mens
    been reduced by £20 worth a punt for £50?

CraigW
    Free Member

I was just looking at that myself. I already have a very warm/bulky Keela Belay jacket, maybe the Alpkit would be good as a lighter option for summer.
    How does it compare to something like the Montane Prism?

benp1

At 80g/m2 weight it’s fairly warm, but not boiling warm. Lighter synthetic jackets usually around 40-60g/m2, so this is warmer. Warmer wintery ones more like 100g/m2 or more

That’s doesn’t really help you does it? It’ll be warmer than a prism, but is hasn’t got a hood

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrSalmon
    Free Member

Just ordered one, got to be worth a look at £50- I’m quite impressed by MrsSalmon’s Filo. Bit surprised by the lack of reviews around for them though, I wonder if the original price was a bit too close to what you sometimes see similar things from the big names for?

nickc

Any-one have views on fit and sizing?

If you’ve bought one, which did you go for?

stever
    Free Member

Looks great. I actually think the Prism is a bit too light – doesn’t really add much cosiness unless you’re working quite hard.

postierich
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning very snug arms seem a bit short, well made, bang on for £50

tiggs121
    Free Member

Postie – hows the sizing?

postierich
    Free Member

42 chest and went for the medium I am Mr Average 32 waist 5ft 10 12.5 stone just a tad tight when arms above head wanted a tight fit for bike packing duties!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Mine’s just arrived. Looks like a good bit of kit, weight seems about right for a very packable bit of insulation and it seems as well put together as my stuff from the bigger boys. I think I might be sending it back though as the fit isn’t great for me. Arms are only just long enough, but there’s loads of extra room at the front and the hem is quite loose, with no drawcord. Shame because it looks like a winner if it fits you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Synoment Alpkit jkt’ is closed to new replies.