Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • Anyone own a Sony RX100?
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

John Lewis are doing a trade in on some of their cameras, like some of the RX100s. Just take an old camera in.

colster808
    Free Member

Fistral Beach today. No editing. Mk1

Happy with how it came out especially as was in a rush to get back to Steins fish and chips.

djflexure

That is very nice

JohnnyPanic

^ Nice 🙂
    Also nice is that
    https://www.sony.co.uk/cashback/digital-imaging
    processed my claim successfully tonight.

Waiting to see if £30 or £60 arrives 🙂

AlexSimon

Mine was showing in the bank as soon as I got the email.

Very nice image colster808 – although I bet it was even better in the flesh.

euanc
    Free Member

That beach shot is beautiful colster!

I had mine out on it’s first trip this week, I had it on the top of my bar bag in the Peli case, it worked well, allowing me to get the camera in and out pretty easily while riding. It did pop open a few times but I’m fairly certain that was because it was bouncing and the catch was hitting the stem bolts.

I’m also pleased with how most of the shots came out:

A lot more can be found here if you haven’t seen the link in my other thread: http://bit.ly/thinbiking

AlexSimon

Really like that side-on panning shot Euan (I assume taken from another bike).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sorely tempted as b’day coming up

Any good, relevant manuals available especially re manual controls – its 30 years since I used my old Oly ME super but I am inspired by the skills demonstrated here…?

colster808
    Free Member

Really like panning shot euanc.

There’s a ebook manual on the play/app store which I found useful. About £6 ish. Bit of a boring read but explains all the functions on the camera. It’s called Photographers guide to the Sony Rx 100. Also available from Amazon if a paper copies your thing.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cheers Colster – that’s excellent

euanc
    Free Member

Really like that side-on panning shot Euan (I assume taken from another bike).

Thanks, yeah it makes panning quite easy when you are moving at the same speed!

It was taken using shutter priority so I could keep the shutter speed at 1/60 and let the camera do the rest while I worried about not riding off the road.

This trip was also the first time I have used the full auto mode and it actually seems quite good, especially when you don’t know what you will be shooting and need to be prepared for anything.

I came across this a while ago which may help anyone starting out using manual controls to remember which extreme is which:

DrJ

I recently treated my Mk1 to one of the Sony leather cases and it is really quite nice – good fit and good quality. Bit expensive though …

JohnnyPanic

Well cashback was £60 for me too. Very happy 🙂

ampthill

Missed the cash back but hopping that 50th birthday will bring me one on saturday

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have to make the decision between MkIII and IV this weekend – this thread has inspired me to take more photos and to be slightly more creative. But still want a camera that is easy to transport.

Lot of cash when Mk V is probably only just around the corner.

Choices, choices…..

ell_tell
    Free Member

Nice pics euanc.

Slight hijack too, but what guards are they on the orange Cannondale?

ampthill

I have to make the decision between MkIII and IV this weekend – this thread has inspired me to take more photos and to be slightly more creative. But still want a camera that is easy to transport.

Choices, choices…..

Cameralabs seem to indicate that the iv is about video, higher frame rate and a slightly better view finder. Non seem earth shattering to me. But as I’ve just opted for a rx100 original I clearly see things differently/ have less cash to spend

It’s certainly worth noting Sony’s RX100 Mark III gives you the same body, lens, screen and viewfinder (albeit with a lower resolution panel) for around 20% less, so if you don’t need the ultra slow motion video, 4K movies and handful of feature updates, it could be a better choice; indeed this is why the Mark III remains my featured compact in my Buyer’s Guide, see my Sony RX100 III review for more details.

I’ve just bought a Mk IV as I didn’t fancy taking the DSLR to Mexico. Not had chance to use it yet though, need to get to grips with it sharpish, but my big camera is a Sony, so shouldn’t be too hard.

Any tips from existing users?

Got the Sony case for it too – might get something a bit more weatherproof too.

Note, if you want to shoot 4k video, you’ll need an SDXC card with U3 Class 10 capabilities and a write speed >100mb/s – not cheap

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ft4vXC]2016-03-24_08-19-52[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

I think I read somewhere that every model so far has been released in June. That’s far away enough for me to buy now – the price of a Mk V will probably be astronomical too, but should see the Mk IV drop

beanum

@TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR

The most useful thing you can do with the RX100 if you haven’t already is to configure the Fn button (cog menu, page 2 “Function Button”).

I’ve got mine set up to page through the following menu options:
    Exp Comp
    Autofocus Area
    Metering Mode
    DRO/Auto HDR
    ISO
    Drive Mode
    Flash Comp

For me, this saves a lot of time when shooting and I want to make changes to any of those parameters.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only found the Mk1 on duty free last week and in shop today. Felt great in the hand and super size – just the upgrade I need.

Think its most likely to be the III

JohnnyPanic

@beanum,

Exp Comp and Drive Mode are just a wheel click away. Curious why you’d put them in the Fn menu?

JohnnyPanic

Has anyone tried a Toshiba FlashAir or Eye-Fi card with an RX100 Mk1?

Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Sony RX100?’ is closed to new replies.