Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone own a scott scale 910 / 920?
  • DT78
    Free Member

In particular how have you found the finishing kit? Whats the wheel weight like? Competitive or is it an area to upgrade?

ljs1977
    Free Member

I have just picked up a 920, there are no 910 mediums left period!

Not sure about the competitive weight but…

the 920 is 500g heavier than than the 910. I could not work out where until you read that a 920 comes with 500g pedals the 910 does not come with pedals!!!

My LBS “suggested” that the difference between 910 and 920 wheels are a sticker! Not sure how true this is but, strager things have happened.

As there was no 910’s the LBS have swapped the SLX stuff for XT for £70. the only difference now is the Evo forks v’s the Factory forks, which has saved me £500, truth be known I dont think that I could tell the difference and the CTD Evos are fine (I think so anyway).

Finishing kit, stem = right length, bar = right width, post keeps saddle at right height – CHECK!

Love this new bike, the matt finish is great too.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Oh yeah and Sherwood Pines Cycling Club racers are buying these and 930’s.

They seemed to know what they were doing!

DT78
    Free Member

How tall are you on the medium? I’m just under 6″ and test rode the large which felt good but apparently I am on the border.

I am tempted to go lower spec and then use the difference on fancy race day wheels, keep the others for training.

ljs1977
    Free Member

5’9, 29″ inside leg on the medium. Was actually debating the large in the shop. But once I demo’d the med I bought one.

I suggest the med might be too small.

seanbolton
    Free Member

I have a Scott 910. I like the wheels and the XT kit. The saddle doesn’t suit me so I will probably swap it. Bar width was 720mm which was a bit wide for me so I trimmed them down to 680mm.

You are paying top dollar for the 910, probably the lower models 920/930 offer better value for money for a modest reduction in component specification.

Overall the Scott 29ers are very nice. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a scott scale 910 / 920?’ is closed to new replies.