Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone own a Ridley
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I’m looking to possibly maybe replace my frameset.
    First step was to look at all the brands I’ve lusted after over the years i.e the likes of Colnago and Pinarello. However I didn’t stay long at their websites, because if there’s one thing that’ll put me off almost anything it’s something that’s trying to look too good 😕

So then to the likes of Giant, Trek and Scott, mass market brands that invest shed loads into improving their models each year. I was tempted by the evergreen Madonne.
    Then I thought Ridley, and it didn’t take too long before I found what I was after (on paper anyway) the Excaliber Flandrien, which looks right up my street. Only problem is we don’t seem to big on Ridley in the UK, so I’m awaiting replies from emails and doing as much research as poss.
    Oh and I haven’t ruled out a Cervelo, even though I mock/rip them to pieces.
    So anyone…Ridley’s?

scaredypants

no idea – that’s why I’m posting 😉

always though gios looked really nice & understated FWIW

strongbow
    Free Member

I got an Excalibur last year and have enjoyed every minute (almost) of riding it. hard to say whether that’s because it’s the first carbon frame I’ve had or because it’s a Ridley. I was looking for something understated and not a Speciatrekgiantcubedale and the Ridley came up on E-bay at the right time.
    The matt-black Flandrian looks great. I’ve built mine up with Campag, Ritchey and some Harry Roland built Ambrosio wheels. Be warned, they do come up quite large being semi-compact. If you are in Devon/Cornwall you’re welcome to come and have a try.
    Having bought it and built it up mrs Strongbow got all envious and went out and bought a BMC Promachine……which is so nice I can now presumably go out and get a Ridley cross bike.

bol

I don’t know much about them other than that my LBS has just become a dealer and was raving about quality/value/support (perhaps in the way one might having just committed to becoming a dealer). It’s Alex at Steetlife in Norwich. I’m sure he’d be happy to talk to you about them. They’ve got a couple in stock, although I’m not sure if they’re the models you’re looking at. Seem to have a really broad range.

scaredypants

Having bought it and built it up mrs Strongbow got all envious and went out and bought a BMC Promachine……which is so nice I can now presumably go out and get a Ridley cross bike.

😆

geetee1972
    Free Member

Don’t own one, likely never will, but saw this this the other day and thought it looked pretty slick so thought I’d share it with you.

Even though I’m never likely to ride a road bike, there is still something about a sexy bike that you can’t help but appreciate regardless of your persuasion.

BadlyWiredDog

Er, you think it’s ‘sexy’ because it looks like a carbon mountain bike with drops don’t you? 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sadly, Ridley’s is no more 😥

oldgit
    Free Member

Bloody nora I think that’s a Noah, the things people stop for coffee on.
    I want one of these, frame only for Shimano. Built like a brick **** house and still a sub 1k frame.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yep well it said ‘Noah’ on it, but then it also said ‘Sarah’ as well.

stoney
    Free Member

This is mine!

😉

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I saw that Flanderien advertised in Peloton magazine and thought it looked pretty nice.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Half my club ride Ridley cross bike, and very nice they are too. No experience on their road bikes though

oldgit
    Free Member

Seen that stoney, is it for TT or Triathlon (washes mouth with soap and water)
    That Excalibur and the Helium look so understated it’s not true.

If someone could sit me down and talk me through the designs of some of the prestige marques, I’d listen. But I can’t help feel a little cynical and think the design process is built around ‘the look’. I don’t want to pay extra for forks that are bent the other way if it’s only a feature and has no real benefit on the road. If that makes sense.

stoney
    Free Member

It`s for TT only 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Ridley’ is closed to new replies.