Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone own a neff microwave combi oven? (Or any other microwave combi) Confused!
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

I thought you weren’t supposed to put anything chrome in a microwave, but our new microwave combi has a chrome rack and chrome side rails.
    How is this OK?

callmetc
    Free Member

doubt it will be real chrome.

my microwave combination thing has a chromey looking rack too.

was a crap buy as it works pretty crap as a grill and crap as a oven.

works fine as a microwave though.

Cougar

Shape is important also, IIRC.

blastit
    Free Member

We have a panasonic combi. Cracking tool, Does Baked spuds on combi in 30mins and they have crispy skin. Roast Chicken in 37 mins again brown and crisy outside and moist as in . As it has stainless insides chrome shelves racks etc , over the years we have put all sorts of metallic things from take away trays to baking foil, all good so far ** .

**Yours might be different.

choppersquad
    Free Member

That’s a result then.
    Thought we’d make a cock up of the highest order and managed to buy the wrong oven.

ampthill

I think the shape of the rack is such that it minimises field build up round the edges

breadcrumb

AFAIK certain microwaves are fine with metallic items.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Thought it was OK to use the metal rack when using it as an oven but not when using it as a microwave.

nealglover
    Free Member

Cracking tool, Does Baked spuds on combi in 30mins and they have crispy skin.

I do the same with my “noncombi” by putting them in the microwave for 15mins then in the oven for 15mins 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

It’s fine on those machines. In fact if you’re hearing liquids etc you’re supposed to put a spoon in the glass/cup.

paladin

callmetc – Member

works fine as a microwave though.

until the magnetron dies.
    and then the controller.
    thanks Neff!

jambaron
    Free Member

The metal rack is designed to work with microwaves, you’ll notice the spacing between the rungs are smaller in the middle and spaced out towards the ends.

An expert will be along shortly to explain why.

cranberry
    Free Member

My mum had very similar experiences to Paladin.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Our Neff microwave finally died for the last time this week – no lights, nothing.
    🙁
    It’s had a fairly hard 13 years though and IIRC it had a new magnetron about 4 years ago.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Magnetron??
    Sounds like something from Blakes Seven.

skids
    Free Member

when its in convection mode its functioning as a regular oven, or as a grill in grill mode, that is what the metal tray, racks are for

ampthill

when its in convection mode its functioning as a regular oven, or as a grill in grill mode, that is what the metal tray, racks are for

But in combi mode it produces micro waves at the same time

poly
    Free Member

The rack that comes with it is designed to work in the cavity of that over so that it doesn’t cause problems. I wouldn’t put any other metal in there though as either it will start sparking, or reflect the power back into the magnetron causing expensive damage.

Kamakazie

Brother microwaves had some patented technology that allowed any metal to be used. Not sure who picked it up when they went bust, though I have had sparks with foil in my Panasonic combi so it wasn’t them.

From reading the manual, both the tray andand rack are specially designed for use in the combi.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a neff microwave combi oven? (Or any other microwave combi) Confused!’ is closed to new replies.