Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone own a Misfit DiSSent?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Alright chaps,

Been looking at racy 29ers for a mate, and the Dissent looks lovely, decent weight – well priced, SS specific option.

Does anyone ride one here? All the American and Canadian riders love them, can’t find a bad word against them.

Like to hear from some UK owners, and any dealings with warranty / service.

Cheers

Ricks

carbonjones
    Free Member

Hi Ricks

Yep, I’ve got a Misfit Dissent, love it to bits, I’ve had it in just about every configuration possible, single speed rigid, 1×9, front sus forks etc etc.

All brilliant in there own what, currently SS with front sus forks, just a bit more fun on the downhills with the squish..

The geometry is spot on, low BB keeps it super stable and totally confidence inducing. I’m running it with some Jones bars at the moment which gives you a nice short stem feel for the steep stuff.

I know people in Canada/northern US use the dissent for every type of riding, I know a guy who runs ‘Likin bikin’just over the border in the US, uses a dissent for super D events, and regularly beats many a full sus rider.

By the way, if you do want to ship one over, get it from Likin bikin, the frames are a little more expensive but the shipping is about a fifth of the cost from Misfit themselves, tell Daniel I sent you 🙂

I honesty could go on and on, all I can say is I have some rather expensive kit in the stable at the moment, stuff that costs 10x the price of a misfit frame, but the Dissent would be the last one to go the distance.

No issues with warranty, but then there’s not much to go wrong.

Get yourself one, you wont regret it.

Neil Jones.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Neil, remember this… 😉

Glad you’re diggin’ the diSSent… in bone-shaker mode!

Yeah, Marshall from California posted that picture. It was from a “Super-D” race out there. I’ve pushed the Misfits a bit beyond their intended use, and they always hold strong.

On the fork, I have a 120mm Reba with 20mm Maxle on there now. Although the frame is designed around a 90mm (allowing for use of 80mm or 100mm forks). I just like the slacker head angle and longer travel of the 120. I’ve never run into problems running it that way, and it actually feels really balanced.

If you’re looking at long tech descents, I’d absolutely suggest putting at least a100mm suspension on there.

Of course, my buddy Taylor bombs some seriously technical trail on his diSSent AL with a rigid Fe fork on it… but he’s just sick in the head.

Here’s some pics of Taylor’s rigid set-up, and one of me with the 120mm Reba. Basically, anything in between is gonna work well. They’re really versatile bikes.

Hope I didn’t make your decision more complicated.

I guess if I had to recommend one fork for thrashing around and still climbing strong with the Misfit, I’d go with the RockShox Recon Gold 29er Solo Air. (100mm). Considering weight, performance, and value, it’s the best I’ve seen out there lately.

I’m lookin’ forward to those pics!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Misfit DiSSent?’ is closed to new replies.