Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone own a Hyundai Coupe?
  • jerrys
    Free Member

Any real world experiences of one?

Not looking for a sports car, just like the look of them and want something a bit different when my Xsara Picasso in beige finally dies.
    Shock, horror, it might also be an automatic in 2.0 version (rather than a 2.7 v6).

Can you get a bike in the back with the rear seats down?

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’ve a 2004 SIII 2 litre

Yep, a bike gets in the back with space for all the clobber as well. In fact it’s pretty good on runs to Ikea 😉

jerrys
    Free Member

Thanks.

Much appreciated.

trail_rat
    Free Member

what age ? i know 2000s rust like a bastard. Dodged a bullet with mine, sold it at 10YO 60k miles (owned from new) and it failed the next MOT with a heap of underside welding to rear seatbelt mountings and interior sills – looked mint on top.

even my fiesta previous made it to 250k miles and 15 years old and we sold that because of a similar advisory….

so my advice is to get right under it and have a good look – take a torch.

nothing ive had previous or since has rusted quite like it….

jerrys
    Free Member

Not got a particular one in my sights yet, but as late as possible (2004 ish). Looking to spend £2.5k ish

Torch and screwdriver to be added to essential car buying tools 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

I had one a while back, the 2.0. Was okay to be honest, the only thing to go wrong with it was the door locks, I fitted new door motors myself that I brought from Korea on ebay.

br
    Free Member

My wife had one of the original shapes, biggest POS she’s had.

I’m sure if you don’t care about driving, one’ll be fine…

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

You my door locks went too, the solenoids go. Other than that I drove it 132k miles before needing a new clutch and 170 before the gearbox went. It was by far the most reliable car I’ve ever owned it was a tank and never needed any welding. I’d pray it would fail mots so I had an excuse to get a new one but it kept going. Not the best on fuel 30-35mpg if your good.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i didnt need any welding either…… was quite glad when the mot tester showed me the roof through the rear floor – wasnt even mentioned at previous mot…

SCRAP TASTIC

only car ive truely hated – my golf was just unreliable but when it went it was distinctly average and reasonable comfy.

hyundai didnt tick any boxes.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The Mrs had one from new in 98(?) when the swoopy one came out. Had it for 10 years. Much better than the Golf GTI it replaced. It was great. Passed on to the lad who ramped the crap out of it and went through gear boxes as fast as tyres. He sold it to a mate who barrel rolled it through a hedge.

2.5K for a 12 year old hundy is ludicrous though. Well under a grand surely?

jerrys
    Free Member

Not sure on prices, seem to vary a lot looking on ebay motors or autotrader.

I don’t buy cars very often, I tend to keep them until they fall to bits, so not sure what a reasonable price for a 10 year old (ish) car is. – especially if bought from dealer rather than private.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Hyundai Coupe?’ is closed to new replies.