Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone only watch the Time Trials in the TDF?
  • zippykona

I only watch the mountain stages and maybe the last stage.
    Is there someone out there in a parallel universe who only watches the TT?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I only watch Gary Immac

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i tend to watch every minute of broadcasted TV, ill also rewatch the highlights, even on flat stages

Eurosport Live, ITV4 Highlights

taxi25
    Free Member

I watch all the stages, but I normally record them on my Sky box and watch at x12 through some bits.

Rorschach
    Free Member

How The Race Was Won on you tube (Cosmo Catalano) does the best recaps by miles.

chakaping
    Free Member

I only watch Gary Immac

He is a smooth operator.

Rorschach
    Free Member

fingerbang
    Free Member

I just record Itv4 coverage and then fast fwd thru adverts as there seems to be tonnes of them!

I like Imlach, boardman and Ned a lot. Even Statler and Waldorf in the commentary box don’t bother me as much as some people it’d seem

They often have the blue riband stages at the weekend and there’s nothing like watching the full coverage of a mountain stage for a couple of hours.

bikebouy
    Free Member

TTT and iTT are the dullest dull thing on a dull planet.

These are the only stages I don’t watch.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz’s 🙄

njee20
    Free Member

Imlach, boardman and Ned a lot. Even Statler and Waldorf in the commentary box don’t bother me as much as some people it’d seem

+1

Yes Liggett and Sherwen make daft and repetitive comments, but they’re part and parcel of the tour, and have been since I watched it aged about 4! The year that ITV didn’t have coverage and I had to watch Eurosport was dire! Not least their ‘highlights’ programme was just clips of the live coverage mashed together, with no changes to the commentary, so they’d be referencing events that they’d cut out! At least Duffield has gone now, he was the biggest moron ever, infinitely more annoying than Statler and Waldorf!

zippykona

So would we all like to see more mountain stages?
    It would mean more to me if someone had won 15 mountain finishes than sprints.

njee20
    Free Member

Nope. I like the diversity.

Stoner
    Free Member

I love the whole panoply of all the stages.

I have a dedicated monitor on my desk showing as much live footage as I can from the drop of the flag.

I even like the TTs. Im looking forward to Stage 2 as much as the penultimate stages.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Yeah I tend to watch them all too as just stream them on the iPad but I’ll just have to settle for the highlights this year as my new employer (well since last years tdf) don’t have wifi in the office for me to use for the streaming.

D0NK

TTT and iTT are the dullest dull thing on a dull planet

man pedalling bike,
    time board
    repeat

I usually only start watching when they hit the mountains. If I can I watch the day time coverage on timelapse so I can skip the flat bits with the entire peloton JRA (and adverts) but will always watch highlights – except TT, (first 5 mins and last 5 pretty much covers it).

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t like TTT’s or iTT’s simply because they are boring.

Ok, one man, one bike get that. Excitement level is just about hovering on 0 (Zero) as each rider peals off the ramp. It only makes a difference if Orica Green Edge are “bossin'” it and gain a week in Yellow (or yellow and green, cough)
    I know Tony Marin is a sight to behold, but he’s a great rouleur too, great off the front and dragging for freewheelers with him. But that’s about it.

Now don’t get me wrong here Roosters, I love Fabulous Candellabra, think the Man is a Demi God but it isn’t for his TTT/iTT work, it’s for his epic stabs off the front.

But hey, I don’t get TTT/iTT’s at all. Brings back memories of long drags on A roads with cars and trucks passing 3.4cm’s away from my elbow and gutter pushes from Buses.

If a vote came for them to be removed I’d vote against it, for the reason it does add a spectacle to a forgotten Town/Village in Rural France. 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone only watch the Time Trials in the TDF?’ is closed to new replies.