Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone on Three mobile Network with a smart phone?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So my O2 contract is nearly up and im not giving them robbing cunse any more of my money.
    I’m in Bristol so guessing my 3g coverage will be OK but hows it fair around the country?
    Looking at a sim only deal and Three seem to be the only ones offering UNLIMTED data for £15.90.

allthegear
    Free Member

Works really well for me in Norfolk

Rachel

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Never had a problem. Don’t get signal out in the wilds, but then how many networks do?

grum
    Free Member

Yes. Fine here in Lancashire – just as good as any of my mates on other networks, and unlimited data is great.

bobgarrod
    Free Member
    mrsausage
    Free Member

I use 3 for my business all over Devon and Cornwall (mobile valeter) and reception is good. Only place that I struggle is the more secluded parts of Dartmoor but i’m sure any network would.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ don’t believe the hype ^^

I’m on, and have been for 4 years, 3 and use a GS3. I also use a 3G sim in my iPad.

3G in Hampshire is good in the towns and cities but pants in the South Downs. Take it to London and in some areas it’s as bad as in the Downs, but then turn a street and its back.. All a bit random. Phone network coverage fine though so too download and stream when you’ve 3G so can’t complain, oh also when anywhere between Chichester and Arundel it too is poor 3G coverage.
    Having said all that I’m not changing networks as I think they’re all the same, just a different colour.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Im with grum!!! Blackpool and never not had a signal (1 bar at beacon fell) truly unlimited internet, so much so i use my ip5 as a hotspot to play my xbox through online when i work away.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I went from O2 to Three with my iP5 in September. I’m very impressed. Most places I go the coverage is better than O2 and their speed wipes the floor with O2. I get a fairly constant 6-7mb/sec where O2 never topped 2.
    I’m very happy with them. Even the customer service seems good.

SOAP
    Free Member

If I was to get an Ipad from Three (£29 a month)could I use my UNLMITED Sim card?
    If so that would work out the same as paying O2 now but I would have a FREE Ipad. WINWINWIN 🙂

properbikeco
    Free Member

3 is utterly useless in 7stanes land – unless you just wanna stay in dumfries

bentudder

Try the different operators on PAYG or 30 day contract – less expense, and you’re not locked in.

I’m on 3 – will be leaving later this month when my contract comes up. Inflexible customer service (which is a shame after an excellent start) and they upped my bill a couple of months ago. It’s in the Ts & Cs they can do that, based on RPI, if I remember rightly. NO get-out clause. Very rubbish, and I was not impressed. Virgin Media have just done the same with my broadband / T / phone package, and you can turn down their offer an cancel your contract.

Other than that, I’ve never hit the buffers of 3’s unlimited contract and I’ve had zero problems with connectivity or service.

jamj1974

Great for me in Brum and the wider West Midlands. Certainly no worse for me than O2.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on Three mobile Network with a smart phone?’ is closed to new replies.