Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • anyone on here ride Clent, Kinver etc
  • 4stones
    Free Member

The National Trust is starting a project to create a couple of bike only features near the steps on the photo. Details of construction sessions running in May and June will be posted at the Café in the next few weeks, and details of the project will be available through the NT Clent Hills Facebook page by the end of the week.

Houns

Nice one. Happy to help and volunteer

singlespeedstu

Thanks for the info 4stones also willing to give a hand.
    Please post any details up on here and i’m sure you’ll get some helpers.

rOcKeTdOg

The National Trust is starting a project to create a couple of bike only features near the steps on the photo.

does a “couple of bike only features” mean every where else will have an enforced everything but bike policy? as per the Wyre forest campaign risk?

4stones
    Free Member

does a “couple of bike only features” mean every where else will have an enforced everything but bike policy?

Short answer is no.

Conversely, it’s not a free for all either. Risks to other users, site sustainability, tranquillity, and nature conservation have to be considered. If all goes to plan, you’ll not have to avoid the no-cycling sign you mention though: it’ll not be there.

Best thing would be to keep an eye on the NT Clent Hills FB page for updates.

stuc
    Free Member

+1 for getting involved. Will keep a look out for further information.

LeeW

I think the Sournridge cycling club posted something up on their FB page about trail building. Not sure if they’re working directly with the NT.

rOcKeTdOg

So are the trails for safety/avoid erosion,to avoid accidents & litigation or as a money making venture to attract more riders & the revenue they bring

guystabler
    Free Member

Does it matter? Will be a positive whichever way it is.

4stones
    Free Member

Not sure if they’re working directly with the NT.

Not exclusively. NT are happy to work with all cyclists (and walkers and horse riders) enjoying the site in a sustainable fashion whilst respecting other users.

So are the trails for safety/avoid erosion,to avoid accidents

In part, yes.

stuc
    Free Member

If you message them via the clent hills NT page and provide an e-mail it sounds as though they will add you to a mailing list with a pdf of plans.

4stones
    Free Member

As for avoiding litigation and money generating.

Wouldn’t the best way to avoid litigation be to take a hardline approach against any activity off of legal rights of way? The site is owned by a national charity but needs to generate income locally to fund itself: so if anyone has ideas how this development can increase income, I think NT would like to know.

More income = more site investment.

rOcKeTdOg

Guystabler – Member
    Does it matter? Will be a positive whichever way it is.

Hopefully, time will tell

luke1688

Haven’t got Facebook so when the dates are finalised can someone post them up here please cause I’ll be keen to help?

4stones
    Free Member

Haven’t got Facebook so when the dates are finalised can someone post them up here please cause I’ll be keen to help?

There’ll be posters at Nimmings Cafe.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I got sent the stage 1 plans today.
    Message them on the Facebook page to be put on the mailing list.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NT-Clent-Hills/214703261878305

Scamper
    Free Member

Sounds interesting.

Regarding the no biking sign mentioned above, isn’t that specifically meant more for the official footpath opposite rather than the (presumably still not very legal) singletrack track to the steps?

luke1688

Can someone please forward me the plans? email in profile. Cant work out how to get on their mailing list without FB

4stones
    Free Member

Regarding the no biking sign mentioned above

An interesting point. Really, there is no right to cycling on The Hills, except on official bridleways; there is one stretch of permissive bridleway, and a further stretch of public footpath on the northern edge (against Hagley Park) where cycling and horse riding takes place and doesn’t present an issue.

I’m not sure if that sign is to dissuade cycling on the PRoW or just generally in the area. In the eyes of the law: bikes have no right or permission to be ridden on the other side of the fence.

4stones
    Free Member

Can someone please forward me the plans? email in profile. Cant work out how to get on their mailing list without FB

Luke. If you e-mail your details to the office, NT can probably send you a draft.

clenthills@nationaltrust.org.uk

Houns

Cracking day and lots done. New trail will be nice. Of course if you see it please don’t ride it.

Next session is 2 weeks today. Join in if can.

luke1688

Sounds good, couldn’t make it today but will hopefully get up there for the next one. Can you ride any of the trail in that wood now?

rOcKeTdOg

Seen the pics, steps are more fun 😉

4stones
    Free Member

Can you ride any of the trail in that wood now?

The surface of the new section will need a bit of weathering to bond correctly, and there’s a need to create an “entry” and “exit”, so it’s not open at the moment. I would think after the next session it will be good to go.

The T&Cs of using the designated section of woodland are in the phase one project document: I believe you have a copy? There was some discussion about the impact of this on the ground during today’s session, and things will constantly evolve.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘anyone on here ride Clent, Kinver etc’ is closed to new replies.