Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • anyone on here ride Clent, Kinver etc
  • donkeydave

Hi as per title anyone local, looking to hook up with some folks hopefully you won’t be to fit!!.
    Mainly off road but don’t mind the odd road ride as well.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I do. Can’t say when though as I just fit rides in when I can. I would advise trying kinver at the moment as clent and parts of the wyre forest are very muddy and not much fun. Kinver is quite small so if I were you I would just go explore. You can’t go too far wrong.
    If you have a garmin I could probably send you a route to follow.
    Clent and the wyre are both great just not in current conditions. I do have a gps file for a good ride around the wyre if you want me to send it.
    Andysredmini at hotmail dot com.

z1ppy

I am, though I ride with friends on a social basis, rather than any organised group ride (so it not a regular time/location, all organised last minute). Drop me a mail by all means, to see if we could meet up some time, as I’m happy to bimble round & show you what little I know
    Stourbridge cyclist have regular of slow/steady/fast rides, but I’m not fond of big group rides and there code of conduct (obviously important to a recognisable club) seems to preclude any bagging of cheeky trails.

rjmccann101

As z1ppy said Stourbridge CC have a number of regular road/off-road rides, the main off-road rides start from here at 9:00, 9:15 and 9:30 each Saturday. New faces always wellcome and it’s a good way to find the local trails and local riders. Let me know if you want more info.

jkomo

I spent my youth bombing round kinver edge on bmx’s. Pushing up to the top of hills and just flying down the trails, ducking under those wooden bar things at full tilt.
    30 years ago now, Jesus.

singlespeedstu

I can show you round some local stuff if you want.
    Drop us an email. We’re out most weekends and some week nights too.
    z1ppy up there knows a fair bit of stuff too.
    Unless you like riding with sternfaced grumpy bastards i’d give Stourbridge a swerve. 😉

donkeydave

Hi all, I probably should explain a little more, I have been riding for years around the local areas, and ride every day, even though my fitness is not what it was or has been, thanks for suggestions of Stourbridge cycling club but will give that a miss thanks.
    basically I’m looking for people to ride with so if your up for it singlespeedstu or zippy I would take you up on your offer of a ride sometime.
    Cheers.

z1ppy

Dave, drop me a mail, addy is in my profile

singlespeedstu

Same goes for me too.

donkeydave

Cheers both, will mail you both tonight.

Scamper
    Free Member

Started riding the Clent in the last 6 months or so after moving. I get the impression the built trails are not as they once were – only really found two sections which were not probably already minor footpaths. Seems a lot of scope for trails but think they would get stamped on pretty quickly.

rOcKeTdOg

We got a gentle telling off by a national trust warden today at clent 😳

stuhawk
    Free Member

I ride Clent every now and again. Why did you get your telling off? Are there do’s and dont’s for riding up there?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

You don’t need to ‘build’ trails at Clent.
    Please leave your shovel at home, it’s unfriendly enough as it is!

rOcKeTdOg

I ride Clent every now and again. Why did you get your telling off? Are there do’s and dont’s for riding up there?

We’ll, the fun bits aren’t exactly bridleways if you know what I mean

Haze

Stourbridge Velo are a much nicer bunch 😉

donkeydave

Hi Haze , i emailed stourbridge velo last year and was given the impression that unless i was racing and able to keep up with there tempo , i would be better off else where ,didnt seem very friendly to me!!!

donkeydave

Emails sent cheers.

Haze

Maybe you got him on a bad day?!

We have club runs every Sunday, usually with Halesowen from The Wychbury at 9:30. Route would be about 60 miles at 17-18 mph roughly but that can vary, it sometimes gets split if a quicker bunch decide to do a longer route. It’s all good riding, not much off road though.

There’s always a few randoms turn up so you’d be welcome to come along and see what you think.

Look us up on Facebook for updates if you’re on there, we’re heading out from Mary Stevens Park (Stourbridge) at 9:15 tomorrow (Saturday).

May also be at Wolverhampton Wheelers ’50 in 4′ reliability on Sunday…

luke1688

Interesting rocketdog- where were you? Clent is like my back garden and I’ve never been told off. Only the occasional walker jumping out in front !

rOcKeTdOg

No idea what it’s called but has a steep muddy drop, single track through trees & then steps to a bridge over a stream, so could be anywhere then!

singlespeedstu

You mean here?
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/eAKS8d]2013_0602steps0016[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

treklee
    Free Member

I ride the wyre a few times a week, but never been clent or kinver, if your organising a ride drop a mail to my inbox please!

luke1688

Ah I know where you mean- think thats the one Stu! it is a bit cheeky that run. Over a style at the top? Its a good one though!

Scamper
    Free Member

The style with a no cycling sign, although pretty sure horses us the adjacent footpath?

rOcKeTdOg

There’s other ways in without using the stile…so we missed the no cycling signs 🙂

luke1688

yeh RD is right no need to use the style. I fear for that trail soon though- people are building little features which will always draw attention. Best off keeping it natural

rOcKeTdOg

The warden said the same, the drop will “injure someone badly” & plans are to put steps in or block & divert it. He also said they were looking at a bike trail for 2017 after seeing the revenue numbers that other trails have produced.

luke1688

Very interesting to see what they do then! That steep bank drop isn’t too bad, the steps onto the bridge I’d say are worse. Also some little log jumps at the top. Best to ride it at night or non-peak times

rOcKeTdOg

He said they have funding for materials but couldn’t afford Labour so will be looking for volunteers.

Trouble with a cycle specific trail is that there’s no excuse to ride natural stuff in the eyes of the owners

cakefacesmallblock

That’s was why I was so against the idea of persuading the FC to build bike only trails in Wyre . The backlash against riders going off piste afterwards could potentially make us very unwelcome, instead of the tolerance which seems to prevail right now.

singlespeedstu

Now I know we’re talking about the same trail can I just do a little 😆 at this.

steep muddy drop

It might be muddy but it’s not a drop.
    Or even that steep. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

singlespeedstu

Sorry RD just repeating what a girl said to me about that trail…

donkeydave

Lots of posts which is a good thing , hopefully we can sort a ride out for us soon, hopefully taking in some of these cheeky routes 😆

luke1688

mildly steep bank then stu?

MicArms

My cats taken steeper inclines. And she’s paraylised.

singlespeedstu

Hello Mic.
    Not seen you in ages. 🙂

orihe
    Free Member

I ride over Kinver and tried Clent today for the first time didn’t have a clue where to go over there. I also ride on my own 99% of the time so if any locals are about ill be up for a group ride (y)

bullandbladder
    Free Member

It’s worth noting that Clent is worth a visit just for the bacon butties. Epic sandwich-ness.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘anyone on here ride Clent, Kinver etc’ is closed to new replies.