Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone on here own a YT Capra
  • darrimc30
    Free Member

Anyone own a YT Capra
    Are they as good a s the reports seem to say, any issues with buying direct and warranty?

grubbish
    Free Member

Awesome bike! No issues for me although I haven’t had to return it for warranty. I know someone who cracked their frame sent it back and got a new one fairly quickly. The only thing you’ll have to send to YT is the frame everything else can get sent directly to their manufacturers. If your riding is more on the gravity side and you do the odd trip to the Alps then this bike is for you.

BFITH
    Free Member

I was going to click the ‘BUY’ button on Saturday only to find that the AL1 XL is now ‘unavailable’- and no date for when there’ll be more availavle 🙁
    To ad insult to injury MBR dropped on the doorstep shortly after with a glowing review of the XL AL1. GRRRRRR!!

Plenty of excellent reviews around – havent seen a bad one yet. Obvoiusly I cant tell you about issues with buying direct – cos theres none in stock. 👿

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I’ve had my pro race since April, and loving it. Not seen any issue with the 2015 frames, just the earlier 2014 ones. They are a big set up, so in terms of mail order, and warranty, if need be, I wasn’t overly concerned. hit the order button, you know you want too !!!

andytherocketeer

Alu or CF ?

Know of a couple of people that had the CF ones crack (rear triangle, I thought, and probably 2014 frames?), and then 2 last week both cracked in front triangle near bottom bracket (both are what I’d assume are recent-ish 2015 frames).

Everyone I know who’s had an Alu YT has raved about it.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

The chin stay of the carbon capra is aluminium.

There was an issue when the bike was first released, this resulted in frames being replaced under warranty, that issue was fixed by design change but the cracked frames fear mongering has lingered. I don’t think there is an issue now.

I like mine, I have a carbon capra pro. It was great at Hopton uplift yesterday, it excelled in the roots and was really nimble. The suspension is a bit excessive for a lot of trails and it irons out some of the fun. It is close to being a dh bike but very light/nimble and climbs well. There is no catch. It is a quality product at a great price.

stoney
    Free Member

There`s now 3 in our local group, ridden hard as well (North Lakes), the oldest is a year old and no issues what so ever…..

I`d buy one if I was in the market for a new bike….. 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here own a YT Capra’ is closed to new replies.