• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone on here network their humax freeview/freesat hdd recorders
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

any experience of the above please? how well does it work etc

mrgoll
    Free Member

Marketing induced feature creep? Restricted by the degraded availability of content (same as on the web).

Both BBC iPlayer and ITV player Interfaces look OK and work ‘fine’ at ~2mbits/sec.

ITV player brings adverts as you would expect. Guess that bandwith and network quality matters will impinge on the overall experience. No HD content appears to be present. Watched 5 minutes of The Saint with Roger Moore and 5 minutes of last weeks Click – before writing this for you.

On first impression it seems like BBC prefer variable bitrate content whereas ITV prefer initial loading lag (may be wrong) – at 2am though I doubt link congestion is much of a factor. Maybe that is all down to the encoding – it has been too long, and it is too late in the day.

Both channels looked perfectly watchable quality. Not tried the VOD stuff BoxOffice365 (ch907).

On balance :

After excessively watching normal TV since birth I have rotted my brain beyond oblivion and the need for these new fangled features!

DrP

I’ve an hd2 – I find out very good being online. Can watch I player in very good quality, and you tube OS a bonus.
    Not got itv player yet…

I did a manual upgrade/instal from the humax website using a USB sick, as it wouldn’t update over the air…

DrP

andyl
    Free Member

does the networking let you access the recorded programs from your PCs?

markenduro
    Free Member

my foxsat is networked. it did have a hack on it which enabled me to move files on and off the hdd wirelessly and stream video via my laptop but this has since been overwritten by a factory software update. on demand sevices work fairly well.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

thanks for the replies,but i would be really interested to know if anyone uses two humax devices and how they work togethar

DrP

I had two devices. But they mated and now I’ve a litter of 20 filling up my AV unit….

DrP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone on here network their humax freeview/freesat hdd recorders’ is closed to new replies.