Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone on here live in Crickhowell?
  • Staying there on Feb 8th with a few riding mates after BPW and hooking up with my cuz who lives there for a few bevvies.

Oh and what to do Sunday (hangover allowing) – Afan, or Cwmcarn, on the way back to Derbyshire?

timber

Forest of Dean is more on the way home.
    Or if you find the right person in the pub, they may show you around what remains in Myndd Ddu.

eskay

Are you staying in The Bear? Have been there before, nice place.

T1000
    Free Member

Loads of excellent natural trails on your doorstep from Crickhowell…. Far better than going in the wrong direction to Cwmcarn or Afan… Or how about stopping off in Long Mynd?

mcnultycop

Love The Bear, stayed there for 4 nights a week for 6 weeks and put over a stone on,

timber

Brown bread ice cream in the Bear.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Go in the outdoor shop, have a look for his route guides he has, get the relevant map and off you go, we did a couple of routes from there, good old fashioned day out in the hills

milky1980
    Free Member

Grew up there, parents still there so know the local stuff well.

The mountains will either be very wet or frozen solid/covered in snow depending on the weather. More likely muddy as it’s been very wet in the mountains for a few weeks now. Some rides are doable as long as it’s not windy – the Gap is the most weatherproof option as it’s solid rock most of the way round. Ridden it in snow and ice without too much trouble.

I’d personally head to the Forest Of Dean, rides well in all weathers and it’s on the way home for you. Cwmcarn would be a good blast if you have the time as you’ll be going away from home to get there.

Depends if you want natural or man-made really!!

tonyg2003

My in-laws live down the road. Some good routes up round the Sugar Loaf from Crick. I’d do some loops of Cwmcarn. It’s pretty good even in the mud and then not too far from the bridge.

Staying in The Dragon, as there’s a few of us (more rooms) – think it will be trail centre on Sunday, as we just want something for a couple of hours on the (sort of) way home – won’t be organised enough to navigate local trails.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

The new trail at Cwmcarn if its open by then.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here live in Crickhowell?’ is closed to new replies.