Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone on here in the Brecon area – what's the weather like, forecast?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

So, I was planning a trip to Wales this week, thinking of the Brecon, Radnorshire and Elan Valley areas, but the forecast for the week looks mixed, in fact it looks sh!te for mid August, what can I expect on the trails in those areas, anyone riding them at the moment, just wondering if it's going to be a mudfest or is there a lot of rocky/gravelly type trails? I've got summer tyres on at the moment although they are starting to clog up as the rain has made the ground sticky where I ride, wondering if I'd need to change them for Wales. But if it's going to be a mudfest I might leave it til the following week and hope the weather picks up 😐

Nipper99
    Free Member

mostly rocky around brecon and not so much mud – can be slippy in wet. use nevgals f & b year round mostly or for dry trails / forestry nevgal f & small block 8 r

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Ah, ok, mostly rocky … thanks.

jamesb
    Free Member

Re Radnorshire / Elan valley, home area for me :D. Trails are getting sticky and there are few rocky trails mostly grassy or peaty. Out this morning in Radnor Forest against the flow of Trans Wales` and was slipping about on Kenda Karmas, thinking of putting back on winter / soft conditions tyres. Peaty trails are soft now,forestry tracks around Great Rhos quagmires (tree felling + motorbikes +rain =big goooey mess) grassy ones getting soft and slippery. Monday local forecast is reasonable but thereafter rain, rain, showers and rain again so it is going to get pretty soft on the ground. It may ahve dried out a bit today but quite humid so not that much

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks for the info jamesb, weather doesn't look too good eh, if I go this week I might just stick to the Brecon area then, looking to do some of the routes as listed HERE so there's about 16 routes in that area.

Cheers

jamesb
    Free Member

…and if you head Elan Valley way call by on Clive Powell MTB shop in Rhayader for route info in Elan area, lots to choose from and LOTS of climbing / descents

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here in the Brecon area – what's the weather like, forecast?’ is closed to new replies.