Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anyone on here got dark eyes from not drinking enough water? or just naturally?
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I've got dark circles around my eyes and its just dawned on me (I'm a bit slow!) that its probably because I dont drink much water (if any) I only realised this once I started road biking and really craving water.. now I'm trying to drink a few litres a day minimum but I was just wondering how long do you think it could take to get rid of dark circles after abusing my body for the last 10 years!

edit:
    cos im worth it!
    haha sorry had to creep the tagline in!

dawson

I get bags under my eyes when i'm tired – how is it related to fluid intake?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Theres an electrician here that looks like a panda. Nothing to do with water intake i think, as he's always got a bottle of water at hand.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexxx
    Free Member

I never used to have tired eyes as a kid tho, just assumed it part n parcel

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I would have thought it was more to do with lack of sunlight or natural light.

Are you stuck indoors a lot of the time? Desk job? I always notice that people who work out side tend to have less noticable bags under their eyes.

yunki
    Free Member

I often get asked if I've been scrapping 'cos the rings under my eyes can look pretty ferocious.. worse if I'm tired or have been tanning the bevvy.. so I guess that dehydration might play a part.. but my mum, sister and now my neice all have the dark eyes..

harsh one panda face!

alexxx
    Free Member

yeah im computer based all the time (designer) just gone down to a couple of days a week tho to try and counter that, i dont think they get any better i just get more tanned

noone else in my family has dark eyes so i doubt its hereditary

z1ppy

I definitely have panda eyes, mainly hidden by my glasses (hopefully). I always assumed it was due to the glasses shading my eyes, also have re-occuring kidney stones issues, so tend to drink loads of water.

Not all that worried about it, but think i'd look strange as **** if I changed to contacts or had a laser op (luckily have no inclination to do either)

Would be interested in what does cause it though

maxray
    Free Member

Sometimes you just have them I reckon, my dad and my sister and I all do. Used to do my head in as a kid "You look like you need an early night son, look at the dark circles under your eyes" Every sodding night.. grr

alexxx
    Free Member

ha yeah at xmas my mates brother thought id been in a fight! .. I'd be interested to see how dark your circles actually are? anyone fancy emailing me there eyes! haha

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I find sunglasses can give me the often seen 'reverse panda', but not normal panda.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I expect there some over-hyped hypo-allergenic super-peptide micro-bead enhanced with caffeine roll on thing you can buy. Because your worth it.

alexxx
    Free Member

tried it, does **** all ! haha also tried loads of moisturiser on my eyes when i go to bed, no joy!

I dont really mind them just think it looks unprofessional at times

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Do you get enough sleep? I find that if i'm getting enough sleep and exercise they are lessened. But im a bloke so I'm not overly fussed 😀

alexxx
    Free Member

yeah usually get in bed around 12 and have my head down till 8
    probably do 9-10 on the computer on work days tho

went to specsavers last week and dont need glasses or anything

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I'm a software developer so at a computer all day too. I'm more worried about my waistline really.

It's a mystery but im pretty sure it could be related to eye-strain or just being inactive for long periods. I'm no doctor though 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anyone on here got dark eyes from not drinking enough water? or just naturally?’ is closed to new replies.