Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone off to Tour of Flanders this weekend?
  • aP
    Free Member

We'll be riding the 160 on Saturday then watching on Sunday.
    Wearing waterproofs obviously.

Marge
    Free Member

Yep – live there so less of a do for me to take part.
    I'll be on my Scale with slicks doing the 150km road.

trying to decide if I drive to Ninove to start there or go from home and start the loop from the middle…

srrc
    Free Member

I'm doing the same, fingers crossed not too much rain.
    Put some 25 sections on my old original Kysyriums, a bit of extra cushioning might help.
    Good luck.

tonyg2003

Unfortunatel not this year but I've ridden the full 270 three times in the past. Staying for the race is great too? Last time I did it two years ago (in the snow!) we stayed in the same hotel as Garmin Chipotte too.

twinklydave

Hopefully doing the East Lancashire version 😆

Marge
    Free Member

It was just 3 degrees this morning at 0800 & still damn windy.
    Beautiful conditions for the RvV
    Had planned to ride the 260 but after stacking my snowboard last month I haven't been putting the hours in. Don't fancy a slow painful drag up the hills in the last 100km so 150 will have to do.

More cobbles this year than previous years. If it's wet should be amusing. Don't get out of the seat on the Paterberg / Koppenberg…

london_lady
    Free Member

Don't get out of the seat on the Paterberg / Koppenberg…

Only if I'm walking up…….

aP
    Free Member

So Marge – can we pop round for coffee after the women's start on Sunday? 😉
    oh, we'll be riding cross bikes…

placid_casual
    Free Member

yup – 140km ride for me like last year

having to use my kaffenback that could be fun with its non-compact, non-triple chainset…

Marge
    Free Member

So Marge – can we pop round for coffee after the women's start on Sunday?
    oh, we'll be riding cross bikes…

Where is the womens start (Ninove I guess?)
    I'm about 40mins from there by car… (but 5 mins from the course)

cyclo-cross bikes? How are they on the cobbles?

Took my Scale out last night on the slicks to make sure everything was ok before Saturday. Felt dog slow at first & then turned so the wind was no longer in my face. Wooohoooo. Top gear is not high enough (44×12) with small diameter slicks on…

This morning the weather looks great. Wind has died down & sunny (though a bit fresh still). Let's hope it stays this way until tomorrow.

aP
    Free Member

Hehe. Women's start is in oudenarde, we'll go there to watch them roll out then go for chocolate at the little shop on the way into town. The cross bikes should be a little less fast handling than our road bikes and we'll be less unhappy at dropping them (fingers crossed).
    Thanks for the weather update.
    If we see you we'll say hi.
    A.

plop_pants
    Free Member

8th time doing the full one. Its going to be classic. Cold, wet and windy.
    Going on my own for the first time this year. Going to drive to Aalst and get the train to Brugges, stay over night, do the ride and hope my car is still where I left it! Also hope there is plenty of room on the trains for bikes or I'm stuffed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone off to Tour of Flanders this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.