Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone not use LBSs at all, ever?
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Avoid. As much as I can.

bencooper
    Free Member

Didn’t you know, everyone on STW is an expert IT consultant, hardcore mountain bike rider, averages over 25mph on the road, climbs E5 on sight, is a professional level chef, bike and car mechanic, and does all their own plumbing, electrics, joinery and building work.

Too true – I never let anyone else fiddle with my plumbing.

richmtb

Since I’ve discovered that headsets go in fine with a mallet and a chopping board I’ve used them less and less!

I have a good LBS nearby – Dales Cycles in Glasgow.

Staff are pretty knowledgable and friendly. I try and use them as often as I can for bits and pieces – cables, lube, tyres.

Its also good to fall back on their workshop when I get stuck with something like stuck pivot axles when I was doing the bearings on my Blur frame. However I genuinely enjoy fixing stuff myself so I would only ever use their workshop for these types of jobs.

If you have a good LBS then support them you never know when you might need them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I do all my own building/servicing so I never use my LBS for that. Not one for all the latest kit/clothes etc either so I tend to make do with whatever i’ve already got.

But, I do like having a decent LBS to go and have a browse/chat. And as a lot of my rides start from the shop I do tend to buy stuff that i might need that day from them; food, patches etc.

Oh, and if you get to know your shop staff they will likely discount stuff to make it cheaper than CRC anyway. Which is nice.

pjm84
    Free Member

Didn’t you know, everyone on STW is an expert IT consultant, hardcore mountain bike rider, averages over 25mph on the road, climbs E5 on sight, is a professional level chef, bike and car mechanic, and does all their own plumbing, electrics, joinery and building work.

Rubbish. I can’t cook and can’t be bothered with servicing cars so they go back to the dealer. All the rest is easy stuff…. what’s E5?

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone not use LBSs at all, ever?’ is closed to new replies.