Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone Not tubeless? (new wheels bought).
  • ton

bought myself some new wheels. stan’s flow ex, which came with a yellow thick rimstrip fitted.
    getting a conti trail king 2.2 tyre on took all my popeye strength. wouldnt fancy doing this on a trailside in bad weather.
    so thinking about going tubeless, but a bit unsure if this is a good idea for such a heavy rider?

and if i decide to, what will i need.

andyl
    Free Member

Tubeless valve, sealant, something full of air that can release it quickly to seat the bead quickly.

Follow the guides on moving the sealant round and tricks using washing up liquid etc if the tyres are tight and not getting seated.

ton

is the yellow rim strip fitted ok for tubeless?

Basil

Had my first tubeless wheelset since December ( I is 115kg)
    Great, none of the usual thorn punctures etc,
    No loss of air, finally had a puncture last week. Tyre went flat. Wouldn’t pump up. Left it 10 minutes pumped straight up and back to normal service. Great
    I am still carrying a tube tho!

Stans Flow EX + Stans rim strip + Stans valve + stans fluid all from a german website.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Yep not tubeless here on any of my bikes, road, crosser and the odd mtb , all tubed , works for me

iainc

Tubes on all 5 bikes here, much prefer it, easy to change when I get occasional puncture, no gooey messy faff.

Clobber
    Free Member

Get on with it, you’ll never go back to PITA tubes…

fadda

All tubes here (14 wheels). I’m not very gnarr, and don’t often puncture, so tubeless is more faff for me, although I can see the point if I flatted more.

Cue 6 punctures tomorrow evening, now!

sirromj

My FS is tubeless and the HT has tubes. Have never suffered from punctures in the tubeless setup (apart from when I went with some lightweight TR tyres rather than UST). Rarely get punctures with the tubes running a pair of “hardskin” tyres.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone Not tubeless? (new wheels bought).’ is closed to new replies.