Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Anyone not donating to Pakistan?
  • U31
    Free Member

Where does one draw the line?

At your own front door

And it would seem we all want to kill Macca, does this make us Scouseist?

cynic-al
    Free Member

U31 do you think there should be say benefits for those out of work, those with disabilities etc?

Kuco

And it would seem we all want to kill Macca, does this make us Scouseist?

Well it give TJ something else to shout about.

U31
    Free Member

Tough call…
    Very wide brush time.
    Disabilities maybe yes, or at the very least reintroduce schemes like remploy, for unemployment? I'd say workfare type schemes?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

We are a caring nation hence why benefits exist as it can give a person a chance to restart and help the needy.

Or sit at home watch TV.

😛

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I'm not donating as I'm choosing to donate to other causes that have more personal meaning to me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I didn't call anyone racist but bigot – its not quite the same 🙂

lalazar
    Free Member

U31called the police who redirected me to the local council who said they would have to put , "sound measures" , in place. The people living either side have lived their for over 35 years and the old dear at the back in her nineties even longer. So why should we wait the authorities ? A firm word is all that it took.

U31
    Free Member

And they probably respect you more for doing that, rather then "grassing them up" – Result!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm not a racist but I'm a bit of a bigot when it comes to racists. 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There are people dying from the flooding in China. Are we donating to them?
    There are people dying from the heat in Russia. Are we donating to them?
    There are people dying from various diseases in Africa. Are we donating to them?
    There are people dying from illnesses they can't afford to have treated in your home town. Are we donating to them?

Why Pakistan? Is it because the more people in danger, the bigger the emotional reaction?

Dirtynap
    Free Member

I have donated.

The reason being, I have been in a disaster zone and it was donations, help and goodwill that saved my life.

All I hope is that none of those not donating(and have come up with frankly stupid small minded and ill informed reasons to justify there not giving or helping) ever get caught in a disaster or situation where they are helpless and must rely on others goodwell to save them.

On the terrorist issue just rememebr this:
    One mans terrorist is an other mans freedom fighter
    We trained and armed the freedom fighters we are now calling terrorists.

Woppit
    Becuase there 20million people effected and no country can deal with that on its own. Grow up.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So it's the size of the disaster, then? I mean – if I was dying from Malaria, I'd be in a disaster zone of one, right?

Edit: Oh, just read the bit at the end. Amazing how discussions about charity can make some people turn bitchy. I shall, of course, obey your command, er – sir.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

zokes – Member

Blimey, over 40 posts on a topic like this before Goodwin's Law is invoked. What's STW coming to?

But it only took 3 posts for some herbert to prove that they don't have a clue what the point of Goodwin's Law is ……..so change there then.

Actually Ernie its from her own experience with these people and their values. Her mother lives next door to a eduacated Pakistani family. at 2300 hrs her mother was unwell from an operation and went to bed. The Pakistani family wanted permission to use the garage as a platform for their house/roof repair. So when they rang an elderly ill woman at 2330 at night and she did not get up and answer the door they kicked it down.

😐 Oh ……I was hoping for a better reason for your other half's insight into how everyone in Pakistan is 'terrorist, Taliban, and Muslims that hate us all' ….. and therefore deserve to be left to die.

lalazar – Member

Benazir Bhutto and her husband ransacked Pakistan lining their own pockets and building a property empire abroad. Yet she's always made to look like the heroin of Pakistan.

I completely fail to see the connection between Benazir Bhutto and the question concerning whether donations should be given to the Pakistan relief fund. I guess you probably just couldn't resist exploiting the disaster for your own political agenda lalazar.

Still, while we're at it, I'm not sure whether "she's always made to look like the heroin of Pakistan". Despite undoubtedly having many faults, I think Benazir Bhutto will be mostly remembered for being murdered simply because she was a the most popular politician in Pakistan and had the temerity to win elections.

Obviously not everyone in Pakistan likes this thing called "democracy", including presumably lalazar, yourself and the dictator General Musharraf. So Benazir Bhutto popularity, coupled with her opposition to the dictator's State of Emergency which made fair elections impossible, I guess her assassination was inevitable.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    There are people dying from illnesses they can't afford to have treated in your home town. Are we donating to them?

Not in the UK. Piffle old chap – mere piffle

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

I'm not because the bloke in the corner shop done my old ma 80p for a tin of cat food when it was only 45p in the co-op

Not forgetting the other shopkeeper who kept my pools money instead of sending it in 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

i've a serious question:

how should i help / donate?

redcross? (crescent?)

MSF?

?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If you're worried about money used by corrupt figures then use Red Cross U.K. as they will supply people, food, medicals and emergency infrastructure.

Plus you can a breakdown of where the money goes too.

I managed to get the OH to donate a measly tenner-not much but better than nothing and a "We'll see what Pakistan does over the years" I told you so comment as she walked off in a grump lol.

I really do hope they get the money to the poorest and if not donate some money to Haiti Earthquake instead.

leffeboy

I believe that MSF already had programs in the area so are more likely to be able to do something directly and immediately. They would be my choice between those two. If you want to use a UK org to claim tax back then try Merlin

Frankenstein
    Free Member

And not Merlin Cycles!

😆

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Anyone not donating to Pakistan?’ is closed to new replies.