Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone near Ramsbottom with a 20" 2013 Orange 5 can come & throw a leg over….
  • voodoochris
    Free Member

…I’ve been thinking about picking up the above frames to transfer all my 26″ bike bits over to. I had originally been thinking an 18″ would be the right size, but after reviewing the frame geometry on the Orange archive (and comparing it with the current large frame’s geometry), I’m wondering if the 20″ might be more appropriate (I’m about 5’11”). Having never ridden a 20″ Five, I could do with a quick spin on one to find out what the size is like. I’m thinking round a car park or in front of someone’s house will do and not a full on off road test ride :o).

If anyone has any comments on how they found the difference between the 18″ and the 20″ 2013 frames I’d be interested to hear them.

Cheers

VC

wl
    Free Member

Just in case it helps, I had a 2013 Five in 17″ and I’m 5′ 10″. Ran a 50mm stem. It was a fantastic bike and the fit was good for me, though many would have opted for a larger frame. I think the reach on an 18″ is the same as the 17″. I wouldn’t have been happy on a 20″. Enjoy the bike – they’re mint.

voodoochris
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I re-examined the geometry on the 20″ and found the stand over eight is a good 40mm higher that the 18″. A mate of mine said he once test rode one and the height was noticeable too. As a result I’m going to hold out for an 18″ I think.

Thanks

VC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone near Ramsbottom with a 20" 2013 Orange 5 can come & throw a leg over….’ is closed to new replies.