Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone near Glasgow got a large Bandit (27.5)? Banshee Spitfire V2 questions too
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Popped into Dunkeld today and my bike (a medium 2014 Bandit) is ruining my fun- before I throw more cash down the drain (after not test-riding this!) has anyone got a large I can try? Aware the shock is probably crap but need to check the size is spot on before I go further..

I can try a 70mm stem instead of the 50 fitted but it defeats the purpose ie lively handling.

Alternatively, the Spitfire- is it an all rounder or is it too heavy? I know the emphasis is on the downs, I want a fun bike but I want to enjoy (as much as possible!) the ups too.. I can demo one of these hopefully.

mactheknife

I have a medium spitfire and it really is a do it all bike, long trail days are absolutely fine on it. The suspension is very very good. I came from a DW Link 5 spot and they are very similar in feeling.

It does love to be pointed downhill, inface its an animal on the downs but it really climbs well.
    I am running mine with an X-Fusion 02 shock which is way better than i was expecting.

Currently fitted out for the Alps with Magic Mary on the front, HD on the rear and still its sitting at the 30lbs mark.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Popped out for an easy ride on my spitfire today, ended up doing 53km. This bike can do it all.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Spitfire is a great frame never really notice the weight and mine is built up heavier than most (old 36 van coil, DBair, dropper, chainguide, strong wheels). My medium v2 feels a lot longer in the top tube than the medium 26 bandit I tried. I bought the spitfire direct from banshee with no demo and have no regrets, I’m based in Glasgow if you want to try it.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Is yours a V2? My email is in my profile, that could be a good offer 🙂

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Medium v2 will email you in a bit.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I also have a medium v2 which is around the 30lbs-32lbs mark and it’s a great climber thanks to the KS link suspension design. Very little bob when pedalling uphill, in fact I’d go as far as to say it’s almost non-existent even with the CS turned off on my CCDBA.

There’s a shop in Edinburgh who sell them and they do have demos available so you may get a seat on a large fairly easily to check it for sizing.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Yep Pedals- got my Bandit there and emailed them already. pretty sure I’d be a medium on the Spitfire but would sit on one first!

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Anyone with a large Bandit?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone near Glasgow got a large Bandit (27.5)? Banshee Spitfire V2 questions too’ is closed to new replies.