Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Anyone moved to EE?
  • Kryton57

Worth it or to be avoided The 33% discount early upgrade offer is up for grabs, making my contract £22 a month with 4G!

I’d get 1.5GB data btw, occasional FB and email user.

Thoughts on EE then?

crikey
    Free Member

I did.
    S’alright.
    4G is faster than wifi.

jam-bo

The only person I know who has rapidly termed it ‘nothing anywhere’

Toasty

4G coverage is tiny and the cost is relatively high on new contracts. Do you get a decent handset deal with the early upgrade? Sounds like a good deal though.

crikey
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Me.

I pay £24/mo for a Nokia 920, a crapload of minutes and texts (I forget how many) and 2Gb data. Reception is pretty good for me, it seems to be more consistent than previous Gs. I get one or two bars wherever I go in and around Cardiff, but it’s ALWAYS one or two bars (excpet in the city centre where it’s more), it doesn’t fade in and out like a poor 3G signal does, and data seems unaffected by only having one bar. Speeds are still almost as good as full bars, which is to say very high and consistent.

toby1

Can’t even get reception with them in my town let alone mobile internet. Cambridgeshire for reference!

Kryton57

Well, I already have an iphone 5. They did just call back to state I could only have 750mb data per month though, although my average usage is reported to be 400mb per month. Not too bothered as my phone connects to my home and work wifi to negate that, PLUS i have a work iphone 4 if need be.

I pay £36 a month now, they’ll stick with that and honour the 15 months remaining on my contract, unlimited calls and texts.

I’m struggling to see what could go wrong at this point….

Oh and I’m in London 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Moved to EE?

I think it’s proper name is Yorkshire!

Kryton57

Lol!

*googles whippet ownership*

wwaswas

I was offered a free upgrade from T-Mobile to EE that would include 4G etc.

seemed silly not to as it’s the same transmitters etc.

Only issue is that the fast broadband means that I use more data as you can just download so much more in the same amount of time compared with 3g.

Dobbo

Also look at T-Mobile they use the EE network and are owned by EE, I found them cheaper for a SIM only deal. £11 a month for 1GB 500 mins and unlimited texts. I was going to go Giffgaff but the coverage is crap where I am.

Stuck the SIM in my new Nexus 4 and I was off straight away.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Absolutely aweful, I’m with them you have a fast connection sometimes but you can’t use it as they have data limits which get eaten up quickly streaming hd. T mobile I was on the full Monty package. I used all my data allowance in 10.days using it sparingly.

Kryton57

I’m already T Mobile, locked in for another 17 months.

Kryton57

@ Dobbo – I’m always confused as the whether you are the Dobbo I know. Do you recollect conversations resulting in a Curry covered spoon on a forehead and “fruit based drinks”?

Could be a different Dobbo.

Dobbo

I can confirm that I hit someone with the curry spoon, get my lady a fruit based drink and I’m the best rider Epping has ever seen. Evening Stan?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m with them you have a fast connection sometimes but you can’t use it as they have data limits which get eaten up quickly streaming hd

That’s normal, not awful.

I was on Orange and I renewed with a 920 but the shop guy said it would be expensive to get 4G. However EE called me and said I could get four times my data with 4G and pay £2 less.

I think EE are trying to get people onto EE from the older brands, so you may be in luck there.

Kryton57

Good morning Dobbo! Indeed ’tis Stan here. Good to know you are still about – how’s life, all good? What are riding these days – still in touch with Chopper?

Back OT – I decided against this after googling some reviews of EE. The most popular complain seems to be a lack of signal strength/any signal at all when moving to EE – I cannot be assed with that, and am not desparate for the speed anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, MrsBouy got one of those Bloomberry Q10 thingumybobs on EE about 2 months ago. Phones fine if you are into that kind of thing, EE is a little quicker in 4G mode but you still can’t get a decent 3G signal in That Canary Wharf 🙄 so we have to travel out of our enclave into Town or Sarf Casrt where 3G is an aspiration rather than reality.. 4G.. no hope down there, nope none at all.
    As for deals with EE, she go a decent upgrade and much lower monthlies and.. wait for it… a new modem for home..

so far, so good.

molgrips
    Free Member

The most popular complain seems to be a lack of signal strength/any signal at all when moving to EE

Seems odd, my phone signal seems fine.

bensales
    Free Member

Thoughts on EE then?

If I gave my thoughts on EE I’d trip every swear filter this place has, and get banned within 30 seconds flat.

Suffice to say, I felt that strongly about them, I paid over £600 to buy out the two contracts I had with them, and switched to Giffgaff. I’d been an Orange customer for ten years by this point.

dabble
    Free Member

We’ve got EE phones at work, Cleckhuddersfax area, decent enough coverage and fast too. I like it.

woody74

I found EE to be pretty good as you also pick up T mobile and Orange networks. What I didn’t find good was the data limit with 4G. The main benefit of 4G is when you download things, yes website pages are quicker but maybe by only 1 second. It is very easy to blow through 1.5GB and then they charge a fortune. I switched back to T Mobile unlimited as EE just cost me more and was fast but limited what I could download. i should say that I was planning on tethering my iPhone to my computer so I could ditch the broadband in the office

McHamish
    Free Member

After being on O2 for years I switched to EE last September.

No signal in my office in the middle of Canary Wharf and 3G just doesn’t work in some areas in London despite having 3-4 bars (Waterloo is one example). It struggles to find a 3G signal on most of my train commute.

I never had these problems on O2…perhaps I just happen to commute and work in areas that aren’t great for EE.

McHamish
    Free Member

Got annoyed with EE again today…trying to send texts from my desk at work. Then trying hear someone on a call…hate having to repeat myself.

1 more year and ill go back to O2.

Markie
    Free Member

My wife’s company moved from Vodafone to EE. They’re now getting ready to move back on account of reception issues.

brodie
    Free Member

The only place I can get 4g coverage is in my flat, next to my router.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Missus did Orange to EE 4G when her IPhone broke after 9 months. Now has a Galaxy S3 and likes it.
    No problems with EE. I’m on Orange and Previously T mobile. No problems. In the middle of Darwen Lancashire I have full signal and full 3.5 G ( H+) and missus gets 4G signal in Darwen even though the masts are in Manchester (20 miles away) and Preston ( 10 miles away)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m on EE and cannot wait to get away. They put the price of my 24 month contract up half way through. Coverage is ok but internet speed is substantially worse than 3 (I have a mobile wifi device from them)

Flaperon

You know that 33% upgrade offer? That’s off the remaining months of your current contract, not off the new 4G one…

allthegear
    Free Member

1.5GB limit? I’ve used that in a day before now…

Find so we here you can get unlimited. Makes all the difference.

Rachel

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Anyone moved to EE?’ is closed to new replies.