Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone moved from a iPhone to a Blackberry?
  • robbo1234biking

Contract is up for renewal so looking at what deals are available. I am thinking of getting a blackberry as I have had an iphone in one form or another for 2+ years now. Anyone felt dissapointed doing the switch?

robbo1234biking

Anyone in the morning crowd?!

Coyote
    Free Member

Are they not two different beasts? I thought that the iPhone had more functionality and more applications whereas the Crackberry was more "business" orientated. Of course I could be wrong and other opinions are available.

samuri
    Free Member

I wouldn't switch myself. I've had most blackberries over the years and while they're a pretty useful business tool for keeping up with your emails, the functionality after that is pretty poor compared to an iphone.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I suspect that the Blackberry is a bit better for business email (i.e. connecting to your company exchange server)…… but that's about it.
    Would you not miss all the apps?

robbo1234biking

To be honest I dont really make much use of the apps – I have only got two screens full on my phone and very rarley go onto the second screen anyway. The main things I use are calls, texts, emails and the music. I know the blackberry can do the first 3 well but not so sure about the music integration?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have, it was life changing

bruneep

16gb micro sd card in my BB does me fine for my music

z1ppy

sharkbait – Member
    I suspect that the Blackberry is a bit better for business email (i.e. connecting to your company exchange server)……

Not IME, the company BB's are always failing to connect to email (needing reseting or reconsiling or just plain resetting on the BB server), where-as my (unsupported) iphone can link into the company webmail system and use it as one of my default accounts. BB are really quite crap, no idea why anyone would want one unless work gives it to them.

st

I've been using a non work Blackberry for 18 months of so now. They are great for me. I use it a lot for my Pop email to mates and that and it's great, connect to the internet occaisionally to check the forums and do a bit of paypal so don;t need massive web functionality.

I've got an Ipod touch and do see the benefit of an Iphone but all the apps would be a short term novelty and I prefer using the smaller but proper clicky buttons for typing.

samuri
    Free Member

Not IME, the company BB's are always failing to connect to email (needing reseting or reconsiling or just plain resetting on the BB server), where-as my (unsupported) iphone can link into the company webmail system and use it as one of my default accounts. BB are really quite crap, no idea why anyone would want one unless work gives it to them.

Do your work need to hire a consultant to get this fixed? One who has a lot of experience with setting Blackberry servers up, understands networks and firewalls intimately and who has succesfully got a number of them all working succesfully for large corporations?

I expect he'll cost quite a lot (I'm guessing about a grand a day plus expenses) and can probably only work weekends but he'll do the job. Let me know.

bruneep

i have never had problems with my BB connecting to my work server or my personal email account. As Samuri says need to get someone in who knows what they are doing.

I have 4 email accounts linked to my BB all off them work flawlessly.

sharkbait
    Free Member

BB are really quite crap, no idea why anyone would want one unless work gives it to them.

I don't disagree with you z1ppy. I've never used a BB but thought that their email integration was pretty good. A good mate is the IT director at a big law firm and they've tried all sorts of devices including BB. They're now on iPhones and he says they're the best solution they've had so far.

z1ppy

Do your work need to hire a consultant to get this fixed? One who has a lot of experience with setting Blackberry servers up, understands networks and firewalls intimately and who has succesfully got a number of them all working succesfully for large corporations?

I expect he'll cost quite a lot (I'm guessing about a grand a day plus expenses) and can probably only work weekends but he'll do the job. Let me know.

No they seem happy to destroy IT within the company, getting our (site support) offical outsourced statement tomorrow. That and they seem perfectly happy to let the muppet who currently runs the BB/email servers continue to **** it up.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Other way here BB to iPhone. 2 years in still happy.

br
    Free Member

so tech-seduced individual seeks more expense…

My wife changes phones pretty regular, and sat here last few boxes are piled up on the shelf; Samsung SGH-E900, Samsung SGH-E800, LG-U990 – she's now gone to the Nokia E63. Which she declares is the best phone, ever – and has stopped complaining (which she did pretty much all the time with the others) and loves it.

It seems that all you need is a basic phone c/w internet, why not just go for a Nokia E63 (or the like) and save a packet – plus sell on your iPhone.

For me, these have done me proud for years:

Best phone

uplink
    Free Member

the battery lasts forever on the 6310s

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

HTC Touch HD2 is the answer to your question. I'm amazed Blackberry are still trading off their email solution, when push email has been on Windows Mobile for years now and the windows device are miles ahead of Blackberry in both form and function.

glenh
    Free Member

Windows mobile sucks donkey balls.

I've recently got an iPhone, but much prefer the Android one I had before. iTunes integration is the only thing keeping me with it for mow.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone moved from a iPhone to a Blackberry?’ is closed to new replies.