Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Anyone missing their old Hardcore Hardtail now they've moved to FS??
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Struggle to see what FS can offer me beyond the Ragleys/my capabilities.

For me it was climbing. A good hard tail can feel as capable as many full sussers on the downs, but when the ups got a bit technical I thought my full susser was much better than the Mmm Bop. There’s loads more all-day comfort on a full susser too.

warpcow
    Free Member

Like quite a few I went HT->FS->HT, but didn’t start out very ‘hardcore’.

From this:

P1020018 by warpcow, on Flickr
    to this:

P1020955 by warpcow, on Flickr
    to this:

P1030135 by warpcow, on Flickr

I’ll never sell the Sovereign, but would love another Inbred too. Heckler? Meh.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve never bothered with rear suspension and now I’ve gone back to full rigid; I find I’m faster up mountains and I’ve got a lot more left in the tank at the end of a long day than other riders on FS bikes. It’s the weight.

Euro
    Free Member

Don’t miss it, as i still have it. 456 SS in not so hardcore mode

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I haven’t had a hardtail in 11 years. I should probably get me one.

I_Ache
    Free Member

If I were to have just one bike it would be a 140mm FS. But I have come to that conclusion by having an FS then getting a HT then selling the FS regretting that so sold the HT and got an FS then missed the HT so got another HT.

Now I have a 160mm FS and a 140mm HT, the almost perfect balance for me. I want a lighter and longer (TT not travel) FS frame.

I guess the point of that is that if you get rid of either you will miss it. I need both in my life.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

‘hardcore hardtail’ LOL

Judging by the way most are ridden, they should really be named “inappropriate XC hardtail”

orena45

Loved my MmmBop when I had it (took over over from my Trek Fuel EX as my number 1 bike at the time), but after a while I missed the comfort and bumpy-climb-pedalling-traction (technical term) of riding full suss, although still wanted something playful with the same sort of angles…

…so got an Orange Five and never regretted it!

_tom_
    Free Member

Haha very true David.

Here’s mine. I started riding it after a year of riding a 180mm bullit and i love it. So much more fun than the fs, jumps way better. Do still kinda want an NS Soda though but i can only justify keeping one mtb about for now and dunno whether i want to give up the ht!

kudos100
    Free Member

I sold my hardtail last year and missed it greatly. I had a bmx for a while, but it didn’t scratch the itch.

I now have a little kona cowan, which is the nuts!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Went from this:

Back to this:

(And no comments about the garden please! :p )

But keeping the Norco as well. Different tools for different jobs. Prefer the Surge most of the time, I dont tend to ride ‘rad’ enough trails to justify the Norco, but its good to have for big mountain days/alps trips etc.

daveh
    Free Member

My Rocky Ridge out yesterday – running a set of Pike Coils up front.
    Thinking of splitting it and selling the frame

Don’t do it, keep the frame. If its anything like mine it’ll be very well used and battered, but much loved. My RR frame is hanging up in the garage ready to live another day. It’s replacement a c456 is a nice bike but one year on I can’t see me ever having the same rosey affection for it as I have for the RR.

kayak23

.(And no comments about the garden please! :p )

Is that a garden? Thought it was some fly tipping… 😉

geetee1972 – Member
    I smashed my spine up about 18 months ago and as a result of advice from a consultant radiologist mate of mine, I sold my Ragley Ti HT.

Have you thought about trying a suspension seatpost in your hardtail? I borrowed a USE one off druidh and was very impressed with it on my Prince Albert to be honest.
    Thread about it here…

My old Blender

Now replaced with a PA which I LOVE!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It tires me out quicker than the FS and is not as fast and confident when the going is choppy/chunky; best on dirt trails IMO. But I ride everything on it. Now I’ve got the hang of it, it’s a lovely machine. Will not sell.

messiah
    Free Member

heypresta – beware the Troof; I miss mine because the frame cracked 😥

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Missing my FS today 🙁
    Not having slicks would help too, but the Slash was a snow monster. Rear traction in the snow is the big plus of a FS.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Anyone missing their old Hardcore Hardtail now they've moved to FS??’ is closed to new replies.