• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Anyone missing a Nicolai? Dodgy ebay ad (maybe)
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member
    Suggsey
    Free Member

There is in the description, looks fine to me….he’s not letting it go for less than it’s worth!

Superficial
    Free Member

Looks pretty sketchy to me.

Missing the name of the bike from the title seems like a goofy schoolboy error by someone who doesn’t know about bikes, but I wonder if it’s more sinister than that. If you search ‘Nicolai Helius’ on eBay then it doesn’t show up. Presumably anyone who has lost a bike will search for it using its name, so this way, the original owner is far less likely to track it down. Someone will probably get “a bargain” but the seller gets 100% profit so they don’t care if it makes a safe £400 or the “real value” of (I’d guess) £800 ish with the risk of getting caught.

Plus 1 feedback for buying 99p worth of tiles.

hora
    Free Member

Couldnt understand the downtube name/italics?

Anyway even if legit its had a hard life!!

bland

Breaks are always a dead give away!

orangeboy
    Free Member

And not being able to spell makes him bent lol

Does seem a little lacking in detail though

matt_outandabout

Superficial has it IME.

spooky_b329

Its only the title that is odd, he must know about bikes as he’s referred to the layback post which won’t be written on it, the rather plain looking Chris King BB and the 5.0 spring.

If he knows about bikes, why hasn’t he split it postage only and avoid all the risk of advertising a dodgy item with the risk of the original owner turning up.

Hora, if a few marks means that bikes had a hard life, you’d be horrified at the state of my bikes…its just seen a bit of use rather than been treated as a ornament.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I want to know what that nad-scraping saddle torture device is?

br
    Free Member

+1 dodgy

None-descript name and only feedback was from yesterday, although account open since 2007.

hammyuk
    Free Member

b r – Member
    None-descript name and only feedback was from yesterday, although account open since 2007.

Feedback of 20 – not 1.
    Admittedly there has been a gap but then maybe he’s been away or has another ebay account?

He also sold a Nicolai over a year ago.

njee20
    Free Member

The name is in the item specifics, looks like a non computer person to me, rather than a thief.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

not sure a thief would go to lengths to mention the bottom bracket?

nuke

Does seem a bit strange as to why wouldn’t you name the bike make in the title, yet photos/desc list all the high points with pretty good photos

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Anyone missing a Nicolai? Dodgy ebay ad (maybe)’ is closed to new replies.