• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Gnnr.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone missin an Orange 5 in Edinburgh
  • Liftman

Seen one today, wrong area and wrong person to be ridng about on a £3k bike.

It was in chrome grey with bright orange rims and v8/12 pedals and silver/grey fox forks.

iainc

there was a post about this the other week – Lester from Orange's daughter I think ?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I've emailed Dave at Orange…

Not much of a lead but we have a city and it's being ridden brazenly around unmodified if it is the one…

nina
    Free Member

yep – what iainc said

Lester's daughter has had her bike stolen, so if you see a grey 14" Five Diva knocking around up in Edinburgh with orange rims and pedals, Thomson finishing kit, Float RLC forks and a women's saddle, it's definitely hers. Give us the nod if you see it around, a mock up of the colour scheme from the Orange Mountain Bikes crime squad:

DaveFlynn2
    Free Member

That's a good start, cheers. Which area did you spot it?

Rickos
    Free Member

Go get 'em Liftman!

Liftman

Twas at Fort House in Edinburgh Leith area, wrong place for a bike of that value and the stereo typical ned of that area cycling it.

It looked identical to the picture above except it had orange v8 or similar pedals.

nina
    Free Member

lets get a good old mob together and go sort some shit oot ken!

DaveFlynn2
    Free Member

Cheers Liftman. I've passed the info on.

Gnnr

I had my 2k FSR recovered from the Fort a couple of years back. Its a number one hot spot in Leith for stolen bikes. Should'nt be too hard for plod to grab that one.

Keep us posted.

Joxster
    Free Member

I live in the Leith area, so if I'm seen out on my £3k Merckx or £4.5k Bianchi or £2.5k Spesh or £3k Kona then I must be on a stolen bike 😕 Next you'll be saying that all BMW drivers are drug dealers.

nina
    Free Member

thing is you probably did steal those joxster…

bluebird
    Free Member

BMW drivers are drug dealers.

No, some drive Range Rover Sports.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Joxter, I bet you don't live in the Fort though?!

Joxster
    Free Member

PaulGillespie – Member

Joxter, I bet you don't live in the Fort though?!

No, but I do ride past it occasionally. I live in the nicer side of Leith (if there is such a side 😉 )

And drive a Range Rover Sports

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Ha ha, me too…no Range Rover though 🙁

Stu

Cheers guys, almost certainly my GF's bike, it had orange DMR V8's on it so matches the description perfectly. Details passed on to the plod so lets see if they can do what they are paid for and get it back.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Details passed on to the plod so lets see if they can do what they are paid for and get it back.

best of luck on that one.
    hope it turns out well!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nice one!

keep us posted folks!

norcosix
    Free Member

make sure the plod check the cctv as there is a 24hr concierge in that place and the cameras will lead you straight to the persons door.

Stu

Just a quick update – no joy as yet but the police in the area are aware and will keep an eye out. The officer investigating the break in is also going to chase up the CCTV and speak to the concierges.

If anyone else spots the bike please ring 311-3131 immediately and quote crime reference number CR/14768/10

grantway
    Free Member

If found a good one is to put there hands in a car door and close it fast

Gnnr

Any joy?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone missin an Orange 5 in Edinburgh’ is closed to new replies.