• This topic has 51 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Anyone manage to find any sale bargains
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Personally I’m holding out for the Garmin Edge 520 come on sale somewhere and the Troy Lee design a2 helmet. Any found any bargain out there as there doesn’t seem to be many yet

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

You can knock yourself out at Superstar Components, 50% off clearance items with baskets over £100 with “2018” code.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

If you do find any A2’s on sale please update this thread, love the fit of my A1 but it boils my head!

jonnyboi

Sigma sport has the edge 520 bundle and also unit only on sale

swainy90
    Free Member

Same ashy I have the a1 but as well boils my head there’s a few sale a2 but in unpopular colour way atm. Hoping the all black one goes on sale at some point. Don’t need anything off superstar but sound worth a mooch you never know

jkomo

Wheels and tools ordered from Superstar

iainc

Posted this one the other day. Cracking price on Anthem

here

rascal
    Free Member

Weather not looking that great tomorrow so could be either Degla or Cannock at this stage.
    Assuming it’s Degla, should we be looking at doing the black over the red? Both experienced riders with decent bikes with droppers (Whyte T130rs and Orbea Occam). Used to riding rocks and steepish but don’t really do crazy drops and gaps – riding it blind too so don’t want too much stuff that we’ll hesitate at and therefore crash – want to keep a flow going. Will red be too easy and regret not doing black?

LeeW

rascal – Member
    Weather not looking that great tomorrow so could be either Degla or Cannock at this stage.
    Assuming it’s Degla, should we be looking at doing the black over the red? Both experienced riders with decent bikes with droppers (Whyte T130rs and Orbea Occam). Used to riding rocks and steepish but don’t really do crazy drops and gaps – riding it blind too so don’t want too much stuff that we’ll hesitate at and therefore crash – want to keep a flow going. Will red be too easy and regret not doing black?

The black isnt scary at all Rascal. You will be fine.

Now, any sale bargains?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

After some shorts, Madison Roam or Endura if anyone spots any on sale (medium please)
    Cheapest was Tredz but none in my size
    Edit..some bargains for Endura here if you are anything but a medium
    https://www.tredz.co.uk/endura-baggy-shorts

devash
    Free Member

I bought one of those Anthems iainc posted above just before Christmas. Absolute bargain price for a very fast and capable XC bike. Rutland were also great to deal with when the dropper failed after the first ride. I had a brand new post sent out to me within a week.

rascal
    Free Member

andy4d

I picked up a couple of on-one enduro helmets for the kids at £12 each yesterday.

kayla1
    Free Member

Anyone know what the Superstar Fuel hubs are like?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

should we be looking at doing the black over the red? Both experienced riders with decent bikes with droppers (Whyte T130rs and Orbea Occam)

Assuming you’re older than 8 years, then should be fine on the black

jkomo

I’ve got a couple of wheelsets on Fuel hubs- no issues at all but they haven’t seen a lot of use.

dhrider
    Free Member

swainy90 – Member
    Personally I’m holding out for the Garmin Edge 520 come on sale somewhere

Surely you won’t get much cheaper than this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/garmin-edge-520-gps-cycle-computer/rp-prod138428

Im debating between this and and the Vivoactive 3 watch.

Bolt

I broke the fuel rear hub twice in 5 months and it was replaced with the new electro hub, which has been great.

Bolt

swainy90
    Free Member

I want the Garmin with heart rate and cadence monitor pal think £225 is the cheapest but they were all on offer for £250 before the sale so it’s cheaper but dunno wether to hold out and see if drops even more. Just had a cheeky google at that watch and seems pretty good tbf that has threw a spanner in the works hahaha

l0key
    Free Member

they’ve been 179 as of the 11th december, cheapest at the mo without discount codes etc is 229.

If not an urgent need, wait a few weeks and see if they drop off again.

https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?pu=3226053

dhrider
    Free Member

Going by the reviews on the Vivoactive 3 it is excellent, couple of software bugs and the HR was slightly dodgy when off road but to the bumps but actual GPS recording is perfect.

dmorts

Anyone manage to find any sale bargains

No. But expected it in the current “climate”

Currently looking* for:

Samsung S8
    Hope Pro 4 hubs
    30-35mm internal width rims
    RS Pike 2018 model

*and by looking I mean cheaper than they’ve been for the last 2 months or so. Prices seem fairly static, so there’s no rush to purchase

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you see a bargain S8, shout up, might have one of those as well.

dmorts

If you see a bargain S8, shout up, might have one of those as well.

Word of warning I bought one from Appliances Direct on Black Friday for around £530 after using a discount code. When the phone arrived, the security seal had been cut and another label put on top. Returned for full refund. The manuals in the box were in English and Turkish. I suspect at some point the charger had been swapped from a euro one to a UK one. Appliances Direct fully acknowledged that the seal could have been cut, citing security and quality reasons…. which is a load of rubbish. There is no legitimate reason a supplier would cut the seal

Edit: I also found that you could buy the label that was placed over the top of the security seal from Alibaba. It said that the phone was European model and had to activated using an EU sim

steve_b77
    Free Member

Castelli perfetto convertible for a ton at Tweeks if you’re S / M / L and want black. Other colours at CRC for about £115

tomhoward

Mucho discounto on salsa at Triton cycles….

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/search/salsa

Got me a Mukluk carbon 8)

kimbers

Sunrace 11-46 cassette <50 quid

(8 quid postage but if you sign up to newsletter £5 off)

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/sunrace-csmx8-mtb-11-speed-11-46-cassettes-black?as=athlete&kwd_id=20051-AGI-45033135986-ASI-336177795563-AS0JLLKCHD&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Zncr9mv2AIV7RbTCh1pAAdAEAkYASABEgKHkvD_BwE

They also have time pedals at good prices

Eg

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/time-mx-6-mtb-pedals-white

£7.50 on orders over £75 with code NEWYEAR-UK

steveh

I got an A1 today from westbrook cycles – cheaper than anyone else, decent range of styles and extra 10% at the moment so was only £105.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Edge 520 bundle was £180 on Amazon (including speed/cadence and HR sensor), back up to over £200 but worth keeping an eye on any ‘flash’ sales, as Garmins usually feature.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Few Galaxy S8s going in my local Tyne bargains for £399.00.If that’s any good.How much are they new.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I got a lovely 2017 diary for less than half price. 8)

frogstomp

Haribo variety tub (28 mini bags) for £2 in the local Tescos.. excellent trail pocket supplies! 😆

swainy90
    Free Member

Spotted them myself steveh but unsure whether the m/l will fit and not free returns. Probably umm and Arrr until the colour I wAnt is sold out hahaha

jonnyboi

Going by the reviews on the Vivoactive 3 it is excellent, couple of software bugs and the HR was slightly dodgy when off road but to the bumps but actual GPS recording is perfect.

I got the slightly older vivoactive HR in a black Friday sale, bern really impressed so far. Useful apps and features, ant+ and Bluetooth and a very quick gps lock

kimbers

Asda premium crackers reduced from a fiver to £1.25

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

If you do find any A2’s on sale please update this thread, love the fit of my A1 but it boils my head!

I’ve been looking at them too, £99 from Merlin is the cheapest I’ve seen them so far but you can get 7.5% off if you spend £100.

rmacattack
    Free Member

has this been done yet? was going to do a psa thread, but i may as well stick it in here. best around as i can tell, half price.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/five-ten-impact-low-shoes-p445512

dirkpitt74

The Five Tens look a bargain.
    How do they size up?

Totally non bike related, but I picked up a new 13″ Macbook Air with a decent discount.

swainy90
    Free Member

Not bike related but interested in where pal, I’m also after a MacBook Air

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

has this been done yet? was going to do a psa thread, but i may as well stick it in here. best around as i can tell, half price.

yes, it has

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-five-ten-impact-50-at-go-outdoors

they weren’t showing as available for delivery a few days ago so they may have sorted their stock.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Anyone manage to find any sale bargains’ is closed to new replies.