Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Anyone made their own baggy shorts ?
  • lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Getting a bit fed up of wearing the backside out of Endura Humvees and Singletracks so Mrs Lf has offered to make me a pair of roughy toughy baggys. Has anyone tried this and what fabric would you use ?

alexpalacefan

nealglover
    Free Member

Kevlar kneepad of a pair of snickers floorlayers worktrousers, cut and sewn on the arse of a pair of endurance shorts.
    Worked for me.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Sweet, reminds me of my years in Switzerland. You are obviously a fashion model. 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

When we did the Tuscany trail there was a guy in a lycra version of that lederhosen get up. Printed like red and white gingham shirt and brown lederhosen – it was a sight to behold!

gnusmas

Before Mrs G lost the use of her hands/arms/legs she made me some shorts. Still have them too.

She used camouflage army material and used some of my existing shorts as a template. She purchased the material from a local store but she has seen it on ebay too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I reckon a pair of heavy tartan short trews would

A. Look baller
    B. Wear well

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Gnusmas, any chance of a linky ?

slowoldman

Yep, proper lederhosen are tough.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My time is too valuable so just bought two pairs of Lidl “plumbers” shorts for £9 each

gnusmas

Pretty sure this is the one

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hardwearing-STRONG-Marine-Canvas-material-Breathable-Waterproof-Army-Camo-fabric-/291750372428

If you search for army material it will show all the different ones, just make sure it is army grade not army style.

fergal
    Free Member

Do it, not sure how you could live without a massive logo on the side though ( easy i would imagine!).

A mate once made an canvas anorak out of a Vango force ten fly sheet, complete with the force ten logo, this was eons ago, now very fashionable.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Thanks Gnusmas much appreciated.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Fergal, it will be tricky but I will just have to survive. Mrs Lf has refused to embroider a werewolf’s head onto them.

jimmy

There must be a market for this, something which isn’t too tricky to do. How about an STW crowdfunder for “kevl-arse shorts”?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Singlr yrack shorts would surely have to be bore-tex?

gibletposte13
    Free Member

I’ll just buy one myself. No skills for that, I’ll look like a sad clown.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stop buying Endure shorts would be my adivce!! The only reason mine didn’t wear out was due to them being crap to wear and living in the last resort bag.

Plenty of tougher shorts out there, is it the material of the stitching that is going? Also how much riding is killing them?

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Material wears through first. The last pair was only after about 3 months/1100 miles-ish. To be fair, all of my shorts wear in the same place. I once had a pair of Sombrios that lasted nearly 2 years though and they were second hand – only one pocket was the drawback. The best thing about the Enduras is the 2 map pockets, I find those really useful.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Anyone made their own baggy shorts ?’ is closed to new replies.