Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone made an offset pulley on XT 10-speed derailleur?
  • jamcorse

I’ve been thinking about this for a while since I went 1x and have an 11-42 cassette on my Solaris… I’ve got a spare broken XT mech that was replaced under warranty so…

I removed the top sprocket bolt, rotated the inner cage downwards and drilled and tapped the outer cage. It is right on the edge of the alloy piece that holds the cage to the spring assembly, so I had to cut a small washer to seat the pulley properly. Bolted it all up, tested it on the stand and around the garden and it works! Took all of 10 min.

So will try it on my commute tomorrow and see if it all holds together.

I’ve got a pic but no idea how to get it on here.

Kahurangi

Nice! That’s basically what the One-Up RAD cage does but saved you £25 8)

There won’t be a lot of materiel left around the bolt so might not be as strong.

There have been a few threads recently about sharing pictures on the forum, have a quick search.

jamcorse
    asbrooks

offset jockey wheel
    I knew I’d seen something similar.

shermer75
    Free Member

HTH! 🙂

jamcorse

Thanks for helping get the pic up.

Rode it today, seems fine! I think that there is some binding on the cage rotation, not enough chain tension in the smallest cogs, will look into that. RADr Cage is £40 and an SLX 11 speed mech (with offset pulley and apparently same pull ratio) is £45, so it would either be this and more whisky or an SLX mech for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone made an offset pulley on XT 10-speed derailleur?’ is closed to new replies.