Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone made a narwhal mount for their full face helmet?
  • spicer
    Free Member

Looking at doing this with an old helmet, using a long pole with some counterweight on the back.

I’ve got some tube and brackets, the two options I see are:

– Screw the tube to the helmet via brackets. Sounds dangerous…
    – Araldite the tube to the helmet. But then I wont be able to take it off…

Any tips? Anyone else done this?
    I’d like to be able to take the tube off so that the helmet can still be used normally.

Example here:
    https://vimeo.com/14638294

I’ve got all the same bits as this guy… I just dont like the sound of screwing it in!

ta

scaredypants

I made one by forcing the point of a javelin in from the outside and strapping the camera to that. Scratches a bit sometimes but I figure it’ll be fine.

I can just pull it out for days when I need to be streamlined

andyl
    Free Member

Remember Schumacher’s brain injury is linked to the go-pro attachment on his helmet. Please don’t screw or attach anything very firmly to your helmet in case you have a freak accident where it gets punctured though into you.

How about getting something like this and fixing the camera arm to it?

andyl
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please don’t screw or attach anything very firmly to your helmet in case you have a freak accident where it gets punctured though into you.

But, but, but….What about dropping dah sikk edditz of teh awesome radnezz of the OP’s riding skillz? Everyone will want to watch it…..

😉

spicer
    Free Member

Agreed Andy, hence why I would rather be able to remove it. I don’t have any intention of using it when riding silly hard stuff, but would like it to be loose enough to break off in a crash. Suction cups are a good idea.

Any other good idea’s to add to the pile? 😀

andyl
    Free Member

another idea could be bond some of those plastic quick release buckles to your helmet with a silicone or PU (ie flexible but tough) glue. Plastic so less likely to cause injury or maybe bond on a row of plastic poppers: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/160835087541?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Get some similar colour to your helmet so they are unobtrusive and do something like 2 rows just off centre.

Am thinking a carbon fibre camera arm (Easy composites sell various diameters) attached to strip of plastic heat formed to be a good match your helmet with the female popper parts to match the male ones bonded to your helmet.

Or you could use some of these with cable ties:

Or get inventive with the Sugru

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone made a narwhal mount for their full face helmet?’ is closed to new replies.