Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • anyone lost a green orange 5??
  • renton
    Free Member

just looking through pinkbike and came across this ………

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/978905/

could be legal but for some reason is screaming stolen at me??

what do you think?

greeble
    Free Member

! This is the one I saw a month back in cardiff and it was screaming stolen when I saw it!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-had-a-orange-5-stolen-in-south-walescardiff

renton
    Free Member

i think thats a different bike greeble

greeble
    Free Member

no its not I was confused with the spec. thinking it was the kermit bike in the stolen bike cardiff blog the bike in the sale ad looks exactly like the one i saw and made the topic a month back

flow
    Free Member

! This is the one I saw a month back in cardiff and it was screaming stolen when I saw it!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-had-a-orange-5-stolen-in-south-walescardiff

Its the same colour, not the same bike.

OP, what makes you think its stolen, he has the receipt and his riding kit drying on the radiator?

jota180
    Free Member

he can’t spell though can he?

That alone means he isn’t middle class enough to own a nice bike and will turn to crime at the drop of a hat

renton
    Free Member

its the spelling and the vague description that made me think.

most people trying to sell a bike like that would describe it a lot better and go into more detail about the kit on it.

“Hydrolic gravity seat” !!!!! WTF

renton
    Free Member

are they realy fox downhill forks?

flow
    Free Member

Hmmm, I can see where you are coming from now, the more I look, the more stolen it seems.

They are 36’s, making it a Five AM, yet he calls it an Orange Five bike.

paulo6624
    Free Member

The listing is definatly poor but look at his radiator it’s covered in biking gear which has obviously seen some use, unless he cleared the washing line while he was at it.

I suspect it’s a legit sale just Badly listed.

renton
    Free Member

right up your street isnt it paulo6624 i believe you are after a full susser aorund that price.

paulo6624
    Free Member

I am indeed but after a zesty or a meta 5 ideally

greeble
    Free Member

flow..

Its the same colour, not the same bike.

I know what I saw and its the same bike listed on pinkbike
    its looked stolen when I saw it and it sounds stolen in the listing

james
    Free Member

“All part’s are all hope and race face”
    Excepting the Fox fork/shock and ‘hyrolic’ seatpost mentioned that’d be true apart from the Thomson, Easton, Shimano, SRAM, WTB, Mavic, Maxxis, ODI bits?

renton
    Free Member

i think there is some confusion.

its defianltey not the kermit bike in the picture from the link that greeble sent but i think he means its the one he saw been ridden around.

has anyone contacted him to ask him someo questions about the bike to see if he knows what he is on about.

hora
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know more about the receipt etc. That’d be the telling part.

vinnyeh

Have to be a bit mental selling something like that on pinkbike if it was stolen.

Googling the number gives a result for a guy named Luke in Cardiff selling 7 Husky cross pups @£500 each. Didn’t realise dogs cost that much.

greeble
    Free Member

renton

you’re right the one I saw is the one in the pinkbike ad, not the kermit bike.

sv

No carpet on the stairs either, tut tut.

renton
    Free Member

i text him about this and the reply i got just didnt make sense?

the seatpost was called a gravity hopper and he bought that and the forks for a grand off gumtree 6 months ago??

yet he only wants 1200 for the whole bike?

diawl2
    Free Member

Strapped for cash before Christmas? I find it mildly amusing that some people have mentioned the spelling. That makes about 90% of the posters on here thieves. In this thread alone;-
    defianltey/definatly instead of definitely
    its instead of it’s
    been ridden instead of being ridden

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Robbed!

Gotama
    Free Member

Also got his high rollers on the wrong way round 🙂

diawl2
    Free Member

Greeble, are you the same Greeble that bought my Spesh SX frame a few years ago?

mokl
    Free Member

the seatpost was called a gravity hopper and he bought that and the forks for a grand off gumtree 6 months ago?

I just had a random thought. Having re-read this, is his missus trying to sell off his pride and joy? Something vaguely similar happened to one of my mates a few years ago!

greeble
    Free Member

Greeble, are you the same Greeble that bought my Spesh SX frame a few years ago?

yup! thats me! though sorry to say the bike was stolen this time last year

diawl2
    Free Member

Barsterds!

In happier times
    \/
    [/url] fod005 by simonmcc88, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘anyone lost a green orange 5??’ is closed to new replies.