Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Anyone looking forward to Spring ?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Jeeze, wet/windy more wet, more wind.

I’m sooooo looking forward to Spring 😆

buckster
    Free Member

Summer will be starting in October I understand

jekkyl

wot u on aboot? it’s been awesome for several weeks with occasional rain. Have ye not seen the weekend riding pics thread bruv?

legend
    Free Member

I assume this is a topic for those in the South-East…… as always?

molgrips
    Free Member

In Cardiff it was a fabulous weekend, was also lovely yesterday whilst here in Swindon it pissed it down with cold rain. Bizarre turn of events, being much nicer in the West!

No, it’s a topic for chip shouldered northerners to whinge about people posting about their own weather 🙄

fasthaggis

OP

Cause it’s going to rain here for about 30 mins between now and Sunday #poorlondonvillage ..must buy more sunscream 😛

Gary_M
    Free Member

20 odd degrees here, pure blue skies, been like this for nearly a week now, no surprise I guess as it is the west of scotland 🙂

Must remember to dust my bike when I get home.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Eh!
    We’ve just had a glorious bank hol weekend. Can’t remember the last rain I’ve seen.
    Haven’t washed a bike for over a week. Dusty trails everywhere.
    😀

MoreCashThanDash

Not just the poor south-easterners. Been here shit near Derby the last few days, very windy, annoyingly wet. Luckily a combination of work and DIY/decorating means that Mondays family track session in the velodrome might be my only ride of the week. 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ha ha, haven’t washed my bike in weeks, it’s a bit gloomy today in Cardiff, but I’m expecting dry dusty trails this evening.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m in a hotel with no means to wash my bike, which has to be kept in a hotel room. So until the trails dry out again I’m on road. The local clag sticks to you and your bike pretty well.

P-Jay
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

I’m in a hotel with no means to wash my bike, which has to be kept in a hotel room. So until the trails dry out again I’m on road. The local clag sticks to you and your bike pretty well.

No nearby petrol stations with a jet wash? They’re okay if you keep your distance.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. haven’t looked.. but maybe.. hmm… extra faff though when you finish your ride at 10pm.. but if I get desperately fed up of road I’ll try it.

faustus

Pah, Berkshire has been largely dry for ages.

Not sure where the assumption about the south east came from?

The all important (for MTBers) Soil Moisture Deficit is still very low (compared to winter/autumn/spring) and will continue to be unless we have many days of rain. The current fronts of rain are pretty light and are quickly soaked up or evaporate. Trail outlook: Good.

zippykona

It’s now called Juneuary.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Along with lots of other stuff, summer has apparently been promised on 24th June, should the Leave campaign win.

fathomer

It’s a bit cold and windy (bit of rain as well) for June here in Leicester today, as was yesterday but the last couple of weeks have been nice enough.

I’m not complaining just yet 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    No, it’s a topic for chip shouldered northerners to whinge about people posting about their own weather

Notherners are still Southerners to some of us

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s now called Juneuary.

And it was Mayvember here last month.

ransos
    Free Member

I spent the weekend at the Welsh seaside, getting slightly sunburnt. Spring’s great.

tang
    Free Member

I’ve just driven from damp Cotswolds to Pembrokeshire where it’s lashing down with SUN!

xico
    Free Member

Bloody cold, grey and miserable here in Huddersfield. Global warming obviously doesn’t apply here!

grum
    Free Member

I’ve been in Scotland for 3 weeks or so and the weather has been glorious.

somafunk

Spring arrived a good few weeks ago in Galloway and i don’t think it has rained since, it was so hot yesterday (24 degrees – woohoo) that i had to stop work and take myself to a local plunge pool to have a paddle.

matt_outandabout

I will just leave this here for you poor southerners…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-little-bothy-trip-with-some-new-bothy-rats

maxtorque

Meanwhile, in Northants:

I’m going out to the shed to build an Ark, if you don’t hear from me, it’s probably too late and i’v been washed out to sea by the flood…… 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s a dry & balmy 11deg here in Boroughbridge & windy, which makes it feel like about 8.
    Heating’s back on.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My heating hasn’t been off yet! No, I’m serious.

Ok so we’ve had a couple of days sunshine (I have riding tan lines) but the last few days have been appalling weather for late May. May on the Hampshire coast is (cough) generally Gorgeous, followed by dust, migrating birds to Northern climates and out door Beer. We’re currently under some wicked spell inflicting gales and rain… from the North of all places.

Seriously, we need to get the wind turbines turned around to blow it all back whence it came.

I have been windsurfing, so not all bad… 8)

Riding in it though is just pants, flappy pants at that.

Agreed, we shouldn’t have weather this miserable until June/July

zippykona

And when your Lake District runs dry and is remamed District don’t come darn sarf with your poxy bucket wanting some of our water. Tsk.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Sunday’s ride: From Red Pike

Tuesday’s ride: Grains Gill

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just got stuck into winter, only 2 dry rides this week 😉 just damm cold.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Aaaaaand there was me assuming that this forum appeared to be populated by and exclusively for those living within a 15 mile radius of Rivi(ngton) and/or Lee Quarry. I guess this all depends on your personal perspective though.

Greetings from wet, cold Oxfordshire… 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Wilting in the heat in Edinburgh. Nettles and brambles are starting to stretch across the trails. I can’t wait for winter.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It was horrible in the Clyde Valley at 8 o’clock last night.
    Don’t come. It’s looking like being awful again this evening 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HEjWoZ]Evening sunshine in the Clyde Valley[/url] by Perchy Panther, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

Grass looks rough, get some feed down and top dressing.

irc

Who stole our weather? I’m having to get the Ardossan to Campbelltown ferry tonight and head for Islay and Jura over the next few days on the tourer to find a cool breeze. Damn these clear blue skies and sunshine! Looking for the whisky motherlode.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Grass looks rough, get some feed down and top dressing.

I know. It’s a neglected corner of the garden, I don’t go there very often. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Anyone looking forward to Spring ?’ is closed to new replies.