Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone look forward to going back to work?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just had 4 days off while my ankle was fused but back to work today.

I am sat here feeling quite happy and realised I actually enjoy my job, well more than doing nothing.

Not much of a thread but I am happy, pain free and have just opened the Pinot Grigio

🙂

tomhoward

😆

No.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Back next Tuesday by which time I’ll have had 3 weeks off (22 days actually)
    Dreading it, hate the place with a passion. Out of my top 100 places I don’t want to be, it’s no. 1.

In other words, no I’m not looking forward to going back to work.

stu170
    Free Member

First day back after 6 weeks off today, felt awful

scaredypants

I hope you don’t drive there, WCA – roads were SHIT today. Welcome to autumn

stevedoc
    Free Member

Nope ,just spent 3 days riding in the Lakes and Peebles and loved every minute of it m ive a cheeky day off tomorrow that might involve housework and a quick blast ,then back in for 3 days of s**t sorry I mean work ,so in a word Nope never nada not at all , hate the place

iainc

Quite like it, probably moreso if I was on wine on a school nite too mind you 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes… As a contractor I do.
    Just looking to get on a new contract.
    Had 4 weeks off now, and am struggling to keep myself occupied.
    Hate not doing anything.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wow, a bit more negative than I expected.

why do you do stuff you hate so much just so you can pay the bills and do what you hate doing?

You do know this is life, not a rehearsal. Love it Change it , Leave it

Anyway – happiness to those who enjoy their jobs and freedom to change to those who don’t

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm… I don’t enjoy my job. I’m out of it in 4 weeks due to redundancy… change? what to?! I have no idea, so back to the old shite, if anyone will have me…

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, with any luck my new spoke-making machine will arrive. Always fun getting new toys equipment. Got a decent amount of work to do but not absolutely swamped, it’s a good feeling.

slackalice
    Free Member

Like yer style there WCA 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

yes, had a few days off with the other half but being picked up in a merc and flying business class to Geneva to photograph watch bling next week so keen to get In the lounge nice and early.
    Unfortunately not every week is like that 😐

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Finished working at a place i hated end of last month and just done my second lot of shifts at a new place .. 4 on 4 off 12 hr shifts so long days but 4 days off to recover and ride my bike more,shame its only till end of October 🙁
    Quite enjoying it so far !

Retromud
    Free Member

I don’t hate my current job, but certainly don’t enjoy it. Out of the past 15 years employment I would only say I’ve enjoyed 1 (then got moved internally to a different role).
    It’s all well and good to suggest that we shouldn’t work somewhere we don’t enjoy just to pay the bills, but life is a little more complicated than that… Not least because there are far more jobs that are awful (for the subject, the working conditions, the colleagues, any number of other reasons) than there are people who would enjoy working those conditions.

singletrackmind

Yes and No.
    When there is a heavy workload its not so good. When we are busy enough to keep us out of mischief then yep , no worries.

thomthumb
    Free Member

There are times when I’m sick of it- of course.

But some time off makes me realise how much I like it. Off today, with bike related injuries- few emails and phone calls but can’t wait to get back tomorrow.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Its not so much the job I hate ,ive been doing it for 23 years no, but the fact I can see wrong doingings within the company but I’m unable to change them , that is at the moment, also the manner in which others conduct themselves with little or no recourse for their actions from the directors who lets be fair are just money men

Money good
    Hours Good
    Most people good
    Company ethos and people I have to work with make me wonder how ive never done time

slowoldman

I’d rather be doing something else but I need the cash.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Yes, but I have had three years off 😆

deadkenny
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member
    Wow, a bit more negative than I expected.

why do you do stuff you hate so much just so you can pay the bills and do what you hate doing?

I don’t hate the work, but it’s not something I necessarily enjoy either aside from the money. It’s just work. Though I have got to the point of making it flexible enough and being my own boss as much as I can that I can fit life enjoyment in as much as possible. Work however is not life.

If it was something I enjoy I wouldn’t call it work anyway. Just a hobby I might get paid for. Sadly nothing I do as a hobby I can do with sufficient skill to get paid enough for doing it. More so as my hobbies are expensive enough to need a decent job (bikes and photography in particular 😀 ).

Reality is the vast majority of us cannot do work we enjoy or want to do.

Get rich quick, retire and enjoy life. Capitalism FTW 😛 . Hence I’ll be voting Boris not Corbyn in the next election 😀

Jetboydc
    Free Member

Nope, but my bank manager insists I go in 5 days a week…

jimmy

I had the weekend off, like every week. Monday was horrible. I just don’t enjoy working ive decided, not that i’m not hard working, i just don’t enjoy work that pays anything like a half decent amount, and i’m not talking anywhere near big money.

ourmaninthenorth

When I get up at 5.45 on Monday morning, no. And I don’t especially enjoy being away each week.

But when I’m there it’s full on and, when there’s a moment’s pause to reflect on what we’re trying to achieve, I love it. And I get paid reasonably well too.

Will prob get made redundant next week….

rocketman
    Free Member

The problem with work is it’s so time consuming. 9-5 5 days a week how did we ever get stuck on this treadmill. And everything else has to go on hold while we are stuck ‘at work’

can’t understand people who say they’d have nothing to do if they didn’t work 😕

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DezB – it is frikin scary some times. When I got made redundant we were about to start selling stuff like cars to pay the mortgage. Good stuff does happen and I have my eyes open to see if I can help you.

General point about not liking your job and it being hard to change: correct, it is a hard choice. Doing the right thing isn’t always easy but it is always right.

Sounds a bit like pontificating but has worked for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Isn’t it obvious?

Not everyone enjoys any of the jobs that are available to them.

If you’re the kind of person who gets turned on by building, plumbing, spreadsheets, whatever, then great. If however you only like mountain biking, then your options are limited. There can only be so many mtb guides.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, I feel lazy and bored after 3-4 days off, maybe a week if I’m actually on holiday, but our 2 week staycation this year was hell. I did a lot of DIY and chores around the house, rode as much as I could but mostly I tried to avoid day-time **** TV, but the end I could feel my brain getting mushy.

Ideally I’d like to work 4 days a week.

badnewz
    Free Member

Work – the price of our fall from Paradise. The women got childbirth (and now, work as well). I feel sorry for the women.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks Nick! I’d love to change, but one thing I know is that you have to know what you want to do!
    Phone interview tomorrow btw… could be good. It will be a change – to contracting, so that might be enough of a difference 🙂

sbob
    Free Member

Love my job, I get to help people enjoy themselves.
    I earn the legal minimum, but it’s enough.
    🙂

Phil_H

Nope.
    But I’ve no idea what I want to do when I grow up….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well working flexibly and it being quiet means it’s been tough getting back into it, sure it will kick off again when the next big job kicks off.

jools182
    Free Member

Phil h +1

I do get bored when I’m off though, but lack of money is part of the problem. It even comes down to thinking about how much petrol I can afford if I fancy a trip somewhere. Not a good situation at my age

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone look forward to going back to work?’ is closed to new replies.