Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone local to Verdley woods/Fernhurst area (w Sussex content)
  • mulacs

Eve all, I trust we’re all just crawling back through the door all dusty, bramble ripped and happy? I certainly am.
    On my route of discovery today ( Haslemere-lychmere-henley(not that one)-furnhurnt-blackdown-home-phew) I passed through Verdley woods, some neat looking dh tracks built there, with ‘members only’ posters up around the place… They look a tad too gnar for the Soul, just curious to see if anyone here is involved?
    Hopefully haven’t a long kept ‘secret!’
    Also some in a coppice at the back of furnhurst, not as well built buts couple of drops that I could only look at… 😳
    Now off to the bath!
    Cheers all,m

mulacs

anyone? (bump for the sunday crowd?)

hosepipe
    Free Member

i’m in fernhurst yep, but haven’t lived here long, so haven’t got a clue where the the coppiced bit is in my own village! do you know where it was on’t map?

winterfold
    Free Member

I’m not involved but I know there are some difficult trails running from BexleyHill into the woods – didn’t have the signs last time I was up there. Was a couple of years ago though.

Bit too much for me tbh and a rider I go out with occasionally who is much better than me had a big stack there.

(BexleyHill on the road ridden from the N (Lickfold) side is IMO the hardest road climb in W Sussex and Surrey. I find it noticeably more steep at the end than Barhatch Lane (Winterfold Hill) – this suggests DH madness for those with the necessary skills and bottle)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone local to Verdley woods/Fernhurst area (w Sussex content)’ is closed to new replies.