• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cjr61.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone live near Redditch…where to go for quick spin?
  • cjr61

I’ve ridden Clent and it’s pretty muddy most of the time
    Lickey hills – not much there
    Malvern hills seemed fun but 50mins away
    Wyre forest is getting in for 50mins away

Any hidden gems locally for a quick spin when time is short (Young baby at home)

Or should I just get in the car and head to FOD or Wales!?

Thanks

Chris

djflexure

BMX track?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Clent is one of THE best draining places, and much like Malvern

Wyre is THE worst for mud

Lickey’s are a non starter

Hardly a quick spin to Wales eh?

cjr61

Perhaps I’ve always found he muddy spots of Clent.

Any recommended routes?

z1ppy

Redditch itself has some half decent riding within the towns many copses, but TBH it’s far too wet at the moment (unless you want a suffer fest).
    Malverns for the best without having to drive too far, not sure I’d agree Clent drains half as well but it might well be the best for really local riding.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Clent and Malvern are similar in that they are stoney and woodsy. Stoney is always mud free, but If you go down to the woods you’re sure to find mud

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Loads of quiet back lanes and canal towpaths surround the area in nice countryside which maybe a better bet when everything’s bogged out

guystabler
    Free Member

As said, clent and Malvern are the best draining. Kinver is not too bad but will still be pretty muddy at the moment.

Within Redditch most of the riding is very muddy. Parts of rough hill woods (near hospital) are the best locally.

There is quite a lot at the lickey hills but takes some exploring. Also muddy at moment.

CheesybeanZ

I’m down the road from you in Evesham , local stuff is cotswold clagg – Bredon Hill and Broadway/ Buckland earea . We go too the FoD , still wet off piste but its loamy and doesn’t stick anywhere near as bad .
    Happy to show you some of the FoD stuff if you don’t know it .

sig123
    Free Member

If you fancy tagging along we do a Wednesday night and Sunday morning ride in and around Redditch bit muddy at the moment but always find something to ride.

rOcKeTdOg

Well, “bono”, the tankslapper”, back passage”, “double drop”, the “hidden trail”, “the kids trail”,”keep right” & “certain death” were running fine this morning, but other than that, no there’s not much at Lickey. I’d give it a miss if I were you. 😉

Clent-meh apart from the sarnies at the cafe
    Wyre-bog fest atm

cjr61

Ahhh so some hidden gems at Lickeys…I’ve been looking in the wrong places then.

Some guided rides would be awesome, thanks for the offers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live near Redditch…where to go for quick spin?’ is closed to new replies.