Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone live near Afan?
  • bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Anyone on here live near Afan. I’m after some local advice.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I live in swansea, what kind of local advice?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m just over the otherwise of the Blwch so about 5/10 minutes away depending upon sheep and tractors

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Looking at potentially moving to the area, any advice on areas to avoid, nice places to look at, etc.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Are you moving for work, if so whereabouts will you be working..

Who is moving with you, are you looking for peace and quiet or are you wanting to be in the hub of things?

I’m in the Ogmore Valley, and work in Bridgend, its a 20 minute ride along a good cycle track, as well as good local riding from the doorstep and having the Garw Valley next door and Afan 10 minutes away, also Llynfi BMX track close by,

I like the peace and quiet and being able to ride from my door, good local pubs and some nice neighbours, however if I want a proper city night out it involves someone driving as its an expensive ball ache to get back, but during the day there is a great train service which frequently gets used

Email in profile if you want any more info

philwarren11
    Free Member

I live in treorchy, other side of the Bwlch, about 15 mins away.

Im biased but i wouldnt live in any other valley around afan, ogmore vale is dead, measteg is a shit hole, afan valley is dead. Train straight down to cardiff if you wanted as well.

If you can put up with the steriods and sunbeds crew its alright.

davidjey
    Free Member

I live in Cwmafan, in the Afan valley and about 2 miles from the bottom of The Wall.

What do you want to know? And related, what’s the motivation for moving here? I’m assuming you are not independently wealthy and moving here to ride round the hills all day…… I’m an English immigrant so I can give you an honest, civic-pride-free answer 😉

Email me if you like (in profile)

wonnyj
    Free Member

also in the area you have swansea, bridgend, porthcawl, port talbot. Port Talbot is closet but is dominated by the steel works which you may have noticed when passing.

Swansea, Bridgend and Porthcawl all have some nice areas. Generally west is best.

I live in swansea and takes me about 35-40 minutes to get to Afan.

Bits of the valleys above cardiff can be nice as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live near Afan?’ is closed to new replies.