Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Anyone live in Bristol…
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

If so is it now raining?!

richc
    Free Member

no, just back from a run and the air is a bit heavy so I wouldn’t be surprised if it rains in a bit. However there aren’t a lot of black cloud about, so I doubt it will be heavy rain.

Mind you it is Bristol, so its bound to rain at somepoint.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m working in Brislington about 5 miles east of Ashton Court.

No rain yet, cloudy but bright, light wind

soma_rich
    Free Member

No snow then? Good stuff 🙂

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

no rain in Filton and not likley to looking at the clouds

GaryLake
    Free Member

No, bone dry, hazy highish level cloud – about 1/2 mile south of Ashton Court.

Definitely grey over since this morning a fair amount…

Joxster
    Free Member

It’s raining in Chippenham.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Not raining in Aztec West. Quite sunny actually…

rocket
    Free Member

Report from Windmill Hill – Clouds thickening from the NW, but no rain as yet. Air cooling. Hope it holds off as I’m off up to Leigh Woods in an hour or so and will be sorely fecked off if my only chance to ride the recent dry trails is p1ssed on.

ransos
    Free Member

Cloudy but dry (city centre)

phutphutend

It’s such a shame that it is such an issue. Just a little bit of rain and the woods turn to a slippery, diahorea like mess. I’d love to say it’s fun sliding about in the wet but more often that not you end up reduced to a crawl with a blocked up frame.

There’s obviously a few out of the way trails that aren’t generally so bad. But the general Bristol rule is; “It’s raining, I’ll give it a miss”!

richc
    Free Member

they aren’t that bad, you just have to explore a bit to find the drier stuff and not be a sheep really.

Also if you only go riding when its not raining, that means you will only get to go a few weeks of the year.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“you end up reduced to a crawl with a blocked up frame”

Nah it only does that in proper wet spells like the last two entire years. The ground hard baked now and a little rail will just make it greasy rather than sloppy. A mud tyre will really be really unhelpful on the slick limestones and roots- I’d stick with all-rounder XC tyres if it was me; maybe a softer/dual compound up-front would help with steering.

rocket
    Free Member

To be fair its not quite as bad as phutphut makes out – Bristol trails can generally cope with a bit of rain / dampness, but do turn into a bit of a nightmare after a prolonged wet period. As said before, some places fair worse than others.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This is what you chaps need to be looking at.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

It’s the big blob of rain in the north that will fall south and enlarge overnight. How much and how far is what matters, apart from that there’ll be the odd shower.

Fingers crossed!
    🙂

MrAgreeable

Just a little bit of rain and the woods turn to a slippery, diahorea like mess.

That’s not *just* rain, more like rain plus a couple of hundred pairs of wheels, with some feet and hooves thrown in for good measure. 😉

There are plans afoot to do something about it and for people wanting an update, the 1SW project’s final bid has now gone in, so fingers crossed…

http://www.1sw.org.uk

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m about 10 miles North East of Bristol.

It’s not raining yet. It’s cloudy, with the odd break of sun, there are some dark clouds though. No wind at all !

It will rain over the weekend though. 😥 Sunday is going to be the rain day.

pjt201
    Free Member

i can see ashton court from my office window (top floor of the arnolfini) and it’s not raining there or here. cloud looks high enough that it’s not going to start too soon.

colwyn58
    Free Member

I have everything crossed it’ll hold off for at least most of the day…

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Actually if you get down to still woods it is fun sliding in the mud fest, as its like clay you can have great fun doing the lines and drifting the whole way down, certainly keep you on your game!

Buzzard
    Free Member

So is it raining yet?

I’m only driving down from the smoke later tonight, holding everything that we get away with it

GaryLake
    Free Member

Still nothing in central bristol

Philby

Couple of spots on the M5 by Bristol about 20 minutes ago, but nothing else. Not raining in Redland at the moment but overcast – fingers crossed for the weekend.

rocket
    Free Member

Just got back in from fast dusty trails in Leigh Woods – still no rain. However, looks like its going to p1ss it down Sat pm for all you bikefesters if metcheck is to be believed I’m afraid. Oh well, it will give all the out of towners an idea of what its like here most of the time 🙂 Please don’t mash up my trails too much…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Getting very grey and murky here just north of Bristol. Sky looks full of rain.

Hopefully it’ll rain tonight and hold off tomorrow.

zaskar
    Free Member

Will tell you in a min-going for a spin!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So is it raining yet?

I’m only driving down from the smoke later tonight, holding everything that we get away with it

No, not yet, but it’s looking ominous and I’ve been trawling the net for a positive sounding forecast…can’t find one. I think showers tomorrow and chucking it down on Sunday from what I can make out. Absolute barsteward because it’s been glorious here for a few weeks.

Ashton court will be well mucky once there’s been a bit of rain…after the last few years, I’d pretty much given up on it.

clubber
    Free Member

Still dry but feeling very close. Reckon it’ll rain at some point tonight.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Its raining now 🙁 3 miles west of ashton court

Mikeypies
    Free Member

double post

Moses

Rain in Bishopston now, about 2 miles from Ashton Court. 🙁

gwaelod
    Free Member

City Centre…Blue skies and sunshine…tits and fanny everywhere

phildowling
    Free Member

Pics Gwaelod!!

Reluctant
    Free Member

I lived in Bristol 3 years ago – no rain then!

peteimpreza

It’s pissing down now!!

nickegg
    Free Member

No rain at Bristol Airport….yet!

redthunder
    Free Member

raining. avonmouth.

clubber
    Free Member

Drizzle in totterdown…

zaskar
    Free Member

Just got back and only a few sprinkles of rain but dry ground 😀

Hope it holds for the BF.

I’m only watching… 😈

cheers_drive

Ir was spitting when I was up there a couple of hours ago and now drizzle less than a mile away in Ashton. Nothing heavy though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Anyone live in Bristol…’ is closed to new replies.