Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anyone like the new BBC Sports pages?
  • imnotverygood

Well, it’s been two weeks since they re-designed the BBC sport website. I have tried to like it but unfortuntely it is still a horrible, cluttered assault on the eyes 😡

AndyP
    Free Member

Proper grim. 100% of nasty.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Horrible as is the BBCs homepage

ratadog

On the plus side it does superficially look nicer, and i do like the drop down menu so that you can find any menu page with a single click.

On the negative side, I can’t actually find anything easily and once yoou get into the detail it is terribly bitty.

AndyP
    Free Member

On the plus side it does superficially look nicer
    It looks as though a small child has run amok with crayons. You must be a primary school art teacher.

stgeorge

Terrible, change for the worse, and now both old and new versions of cricket live update have broken….

IHN

100% awful.

The old one looked simple, clear and kind of ‘classy’, as you’d expect of the BBC.

The new one looks a bit, well, ITV…

andytherocketeer

Was hideous on the day they changed it (there was another thread then), and it’s still hideous now.

On the plus side, the guys at the beeb must have listened to some complaints… it’s now only 75% Football, but it was 98% Football on the first day.

They’re probably just making the user stats plunge, so they can justify a politically motivated cost cutting shutdown later.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I really don’t care – it’s now yellow instead of red.

Can this thread be added to the ‘First World Problems’ thread, please?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What really boils my piss about the BBC site is the main link to the main story on the homepage – roll over it to click and read the story and the whole bloody box expands then when you click you end up going ot a sub story instead.

Usability #FAIL

whatnobeer
    Free Member

For a redesign that was meant to make finding audio and video easier they’ve done somehow managed to make the stuff I want even harder to get to. Impressive. At least the links bar along the top doesnt change colour on mouse over anymore.

soobalias
    Free Member

i really quite like it

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Has anyone worked out a way of seeing what all today’s football fixtures are? You used to be able to do it, simply by clicking on “Fixtures”.

Now, you get a big list of all fixtures for the whole week, and while you can filter by competition name, you can’t do it by date.

Obviously, this is only a problem if you’re interested in football 🙂

both old and new versions of cricket live update have broken….

All the live updates seem to be broken across the site, even though they keep trying to fix them!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anyone like the new BBC Sports pages?’ is closed to new replies.