Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone know/use "Head for the Hills" in Dorking?
  • munkster
    Free Member

OK – so am driving halfway down the country tomorrow and have only just realised (since I’ve not used it for so long) that my BB is seized on my MTB.

Plan A is to drive down anyway and try and get a BB from a bike shop near to where I’m going, namely Leith Hill etc.

“Head for the Hills” in Dorking is my first thought – anyone know if they’re likely to stock Shimano HT2 BBs? Surely they do but it’s a long way to come find out they don’t!!

Could also try Nirvana in Westcott I guess… Halfrauds don’t have them listed on their website.

Anyone?!

And yes, I am a **** for not checking sooner 🙁

Ambrose

Nicely done Rob 😉

I’d be amazed if they don’t have something suitable in stock, but I’d suggest taking a bb tool with you to DIY in case they are flooded with work. Nice weather is forecast, so there will be more customers than usual perhaps.

munkster
    Free Member

Nicely done Rob

Thanks mate 😳

I was always intending to fit it myself – toolbox is in the car already!!

That’ll teach me for riding my road bike so much of late…

tonyg2003

I’ve used HFTH and they are fine. I’d ring a soon as you can. Also CycleWorks Leatherhead is only a few mins from Dorking and Pedal&Spoke at Peaslake. Plenty of options but probably best to find who can fit you into the workshop with little notice.

Bazz

i can’t imagine that they wouldn’t have them in stock, but there is also pedal & spoke in Peaslake if you don’t have any joy though.

Edit – to slow.

munkster
    Free Member

Ah, thanks for the other suggestions guys – will bear those in mind.

infidel
    Free Member

I’m sure they will do – they usually have plenty of the basics in stock and they are a friendly bunch. If not, Nirvana cycles are close by And there’s always pedal and spoke in peaslake. I’ve got a used but good spare bbyule can have but I’m in Lewes so it’s little help I think!

munkster
    Free Member

Cheers for the offer “infidel” (??) – might be a bit of a round trip too far though! 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There is also a guy in van who is often on top of box hill that has a little workshop in his van – possible a little more road bike oriented?

As they failed to dish a rebuilt wheel correctly for me and then did a poor job putting a new spoke in it when somebody knocked one out leaning his bike against mine, I would put Head for the Hills last on my list of shops to go to…

munkster
    Free Member

I’m only buying a BB though, intend to fit it myself… What could possibly go wrong??

Nobody answer that.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i would give HFTH a miss. i would use Pedal and spoke in peaselake. Howard is a really good and nice guy. He is on twitter https://twitter.com/pedalandspokesc

give him a tweet, he might reply.

munkster
    Free Member

give him a tweet, he might reply.

Great minds…

Tweeted him half an hour ago, I’ll more than likely try there first anyway, it’s more on the way.

Cheers.

Ambrose

Brace yourself… http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/question-for-bike-shop-staff

In no way am I intimating that the linked thread is associated with any of the shops in the Dorking/ North Downs area.

munkster
    Free Member

Well, Howard at Pedal and Spoke replied to my message and is holding onto a BB for me to pick up in the morning so “so far so good” 🙂

infidel
    Free Member

What’s wrong with my name??!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know/use "Head for the Hills" in Dorking?’ is closed to new replies.