Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone knowledgeable about Employment/ redundancy law etc?
  • MrSparkle

I had an accident at work which meant I spent most of last year off work. There is an ongoing compensation claim. I have now returned to work on ‘light duties’ as I can’t do the physical work I did before. As I was Production Manager my MD has said that if I can’t return to that role then he needs to organise the workforce so that they don’t have a Manager and organise work between themselves. He has offered to create a new office based job for me as someone is retiring and I can take on that and some other work to give me a full time job.
    So, all well and good. But I will now no longer have a company car and fuel allowance. Well, I can manage without those. However he promised me that I would be on ‘about the same’ basic salary. Now I have a copy of the contract it’s £1100 less than I was on before. This seems a lot to me. I have already gone without a pay rise for quite some time.
    I don’t know a lot about this but if I don’t accept their offer or it’s not improved financially, what are my options? Do they have to give me a redundancy? I have 13 years service in. Could I take early retirement and try to get a job elsewhere later?
    Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
    Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not an expert but… There is a lot going on in there and a lot of variables. I would suggest trying to speak to somebody in person with all your circumstances laid out and a bit if time to look at them.

Partly at the end of it the thing that really matters is what do you want from it?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Do they have to give me a redundancy

No

Talk to them get all the facts written down. Then talk to your union rep and get advice.

Don’t act in haste

MrSparkle

There is no Union here. It’s a small company. My present contract runs out at the end of Jan apparently.

richmars

My present contract runs out at the end of Jan apparently.

Not sure I understand what you mean by this. Are you on a fixed term contract? (ie, not permanent staff). I guess (but I’m not an expert etc) that would make a difference.

MoreCashThanDash

Talk to Citizens Advice then. There are some good folks on here, but giving all the facts to someone who can ask all the right questions in real time will probably be better.

MrSparkle

True. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone knowledgeable about Employment/ redundancy law etc?’ is closed to new replies.