Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone know who this was?
  • tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Hope they locate his next of kin soon.

Yes ID on every ride and the missus gets told of the trails/area I’m riding. Though she wouldn’t know one from the other she knows which mates to turn to.

slowoldman

Very sad. I’ve shared on Facebook and Twitter.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Yes, sad indeed. Odd that he’s out on a posh bike (DeRosa with Record gruppo), yet [presumably] only carrying cash for a cup of tea and cake ? He must be quite local.

bensales
    Free Member

Odd that he’s out on a posh bike (DeRosa with Record gruppo), yet [presumably] only carrying cash for a cup of tea and cake ?

Tradition. Most of my Dad’s club Sunday run only carry a fiver in change in their tube’n’levers pouch. Tea, cake, and emergency phone call home from a pay phone. Average age on the run 60+, average bike cost on the run £5k plus…

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Posted up on Facebook and told others, real shame and how they find his next of kin soon.

Always carry ID on all rides, it’s on my phone screen , in my bag, ID bracelet with medical info. Missus can also track the phone if she wants to. Seems excessive but it’s there should it ever be needed, and allows me to go wherever I want without needing to tell anyone.

senorj

Very sad . Hope he had a good ride…..
    I carry my work ID ,phone and bankcard most times.

project
    Free Member

Posted it up on Twitter,

project
    Free Member
    MSP

🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

Hardly ever carry ID.
    The thought process underlying it, i.e “Am I carrying the right stuff in case I die in the next few hours”, just isn’t one I make a habit of entertaining.
    Nowt wrong with carrying one though, just different viewpoints on mortality.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know who this was?’ is closed to new replies.