Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone know where to get Propane in aerosol cans?
  • bedmaker

I have some chinese flame projectors like these

They take propane gas in the same type of can as this

I’ve tried these butane/propane mix camping ones and they fit perfectly, but the flame is almost invisible.

I used the last of my Chinese stash last year and am now looking for more but preferably without a bulk buy from China.
    Anyone seen such a thing?

cbike
    Free Member

Big Clive uses Ambi pure. What could possibly go wrong?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzhhbOzTbI[/video]

maccruiskeen

don’t most aerosols use propane or butane as a propellant (since CFCs were banned) so i guess the colour is coming from whatever the propellant is propelling.

Time to experiement:

Lynx
    Fabreeze
    Immac
    Silly String
    Squirty Cream

the possibilities are endless, and maybe occasionally toxic.

bedmaker

Squirty cream it is then!

maccruiskeen

andyl
    Free Member

It’s not the gas that is causing the colour, the colours will be coming from different metal salts. You do need propane or butane gas cylinders as you need something to burn but you can get the same effect with metal salts in something like ethanol squirted into a flame from a trigger action bottle.

I suspect your flame projectors have run out of the chemicals used to make the colour. Unless there is enough difference in temperature between pure propane and propane/butane mix to mean that the chemicals are not burning. I doubt it though.

tbh they seem very wasteful as they must go through aerosol cans of hydrocarbon gas very quickly.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

squirty cream doesn’t use propane as a propellant. it uses laughing gas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where to get Propane in aerosol cans?’ is closed to new replies.