Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone know where to get an axle for DT240s oversized front hub?
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Having difficulty getting the second 20mm adapter off without drifting the axle out and now may have damaged the threads

Arse

mboy
    Free Member

Grip the end you’ve already taken the adapter off in some soft jaws in a vice. Then you should be able to unscrew the other end with the correct sized cone wrench.

Madison are the UK distributor for DT Swiss hubs, any LBS will have an account, so if you need spares, pop into your LBS and show them what part you need, and they should be able to order it for you.

tmb467
    Free Member

It was in gripping it (instead of drifting it) that I ripped a good 10mm of the threaded circumference off

Thought I could just hold threads and spin it – drifting didn’t seem to work

Adapter screws back on fine and I’ll get back to drifting it tomorrow once I’ve calmed down but good to know spares are available

Cheers

Northwind

As long as the adaptor still screws on, it should be fine. Wee warning, I usually clamp it in the middle, a couple of sets of mole grips have always been adequate for me but I did slightly deform the axle last time by squeezing it too hard, which was annoying. Not hard to fix but still.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ll grip it with the old maxle inside – should help prevent any deformation

Just need to get it out now!

theocb
    Free Member

I think I have always had to drift out the axle first but once out I’ve always managed to pop the end cap by twisting an old inner tube around the axle (really tight) then spanner on end cap as normal.

Best to wear a glove on the axle/inner tube hand for the ultra mega grip without leaving your dainty hand sore.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know where to get an axle for DT240s oversized front hub?’ is closed to new replies.