Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • anyone know where i can get my gaggia baby class espresso machine fixed?
  • jimithenomad
    Free Member

got a problem getting the water to come out from the brewing head, and am having trouble finding somewhere to get it sorted, preferably somewhere down south, i am in the swinley area but will travel an hour or so to sort this out

bananaworld
    Free Member

Bring it along tomorrow and we'll all have a go – what's the worst that can happen…?

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm, went into house of frazer the other day and they'd taken all the "baby" models off the shelves and they were going back to head office (I asked if they were for sale as there was an ex-demo one there). It may be that its just blocked up? do you live in a hard water area? have you descaled it at all?

jimithenomad
    Free Member

i do live in a hard water area and it has been descaled recently, i have followed the procedure for re priming the pump, and to eliminate airlocks, and the pump seems to be working as this procedure pumps water through the steam wand . The water however does not go to the brew head and through the filter basket.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm, I wonder if you can backwash those? can you take apart the screw up under where the portafilter attaches?

peteimpreza

Gaggia

Service Announcement
    Further to the recent acquisition of Saeco Group by Philips, Gaggia users should go to the following websites :

Repairs and servicing:
    http://www.philips.co.uk/support
    Telephone : 08003316015
    Coffee and accessories
    http://www.caffeshop.co.uk
    Caffitaly Ecaffe Capsules and Caffitaly Capsule Machines
    Retail Shops (formerly Gaggia Shops, which sell new and re-conditioned Gaggia machines, coffee and coffee accessories)
    FAQs
    Frequently Asked Questions

llama

you can post it to Gaggia

jimithenomad
    Free Member

peteimpreza i thank you :

crikey
    Free Member

£300 for a machine to make coffee?

..and it's broken?

A ha.
    A ha ha ha ha aha hahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimithenomad
    Free Member

who said i paid £3oo for it ? if you want to think that ,fine laugh all you want, you obviously need some happiness in your life if you think this is that funny. Maybe you should get out more, maybe on a bike….

crikey
    Free Member

Sorry, I'm sure a lack of coffee is not a laughing matter at all, my mistake.

BigR

Spoke to Phillips earlier in the week and they passed me on to SaecoGaggiaService.
    http://www.saecogaggiaservice.co.uk/
    Contacted them and they were very helpful with a spare part but they also will do the servicing and repairs for Gaggia.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

crikey, apology accepted. If i get it fixed i may even make you a cup!

jimithenomad
    Free Member

bigr, thank you

crikey
    Free Member

crikey, apology accepted. If i get it fixed i may even make you a cup!

Ok, I admit, I was taking the piss. It just seemed a bit too stereotypical STW middle clarse.

I'm only poking fun, and I'm just as guilty of it as anyone, having just spent a bloody fortune on Innocent smoothie drinks for my kids to take to school. I drank from a puddle when I was thirsty……..

jimithenomad
    Free Member

innocent smoothies are blooming lovely, my kids love em too and you are right they aint cheap, but some things you just gotta have. As for middle clarse, well that may apply to some on here , but not me im afraid. Though i suppose i do now live in a middle class area. Finchampstead! if that means anything. Truth is i think instant coffee aint a patch on the real stuff and i was buying large ones on the way to work at stupid o'clock each day, and trawled the bay for a bargain, which it was for 18 months…..

crikey
    Free Member

I do try to maintain some semblance of working classness; I wee in the grid outside when I've drunk too much red wine to be bothered going upstairs…

..and I fried some bacon today; the grill was full of ciabatta…

jimithenomad
    Free Member

never mind class, that is style!

surfer
    Free Member

I drank from a puddle when I was thirsty

Thought that was just me! Told my kids we used to do this when I was there age, they were mortified!

mefty
    Free Member

I have an half Italian friend who gets her 20 year old Gaggia serviced at the Algerian Coffee Shop in Soho if you are in London.

brant
    Free Member

Gaggia place in Halifax sorted out my mates machine. "Big Dave" is great.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘anyone know where i can get my gaggia baby class espresso machine fixed?’ is closed to new replies.