Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • anyone know where I can get a front loading Computer DVD/RW……
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Before you all state the obvious not the usual drawer type that is the norm.
    I’m after one with a loading system the same as a car stereo (motor driven).
    Anyone know if they make such a thing or where I could source one. Need one for a new media centre project….

molgrips
    Free Member

They do make them. Have you looked on Dabs/Aria/Scan etc etc?

Andy_K

Pioneer always used to do them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    midlifecrashes

The term is “Slot loading”, if you google there are a few, but most are slimline, but hopefully you can get bezel kit to suit normal drive size.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

ahh slot loading! The words were on the tip of my tounge. I’ll have a nosey now cheers peeps

gravitysucks
    Free Member

niceone guys, sorted with a slimline. Not fussed about a bezel kit as it’ll be going into a custom box (A pine chest)

molgrips
    Free Member

PINE? FFS have some class!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I know Mols. I had a bit of pine board lying around so have made the chest at a toal cost of about £4. I’ll use this as a test run and make it out of some nice oak when I have the chance. Doesn’t look half bad now its been waxed and the dollars saved justified my adding a new graphics card into the build 😛

McHamish
    Free Member

Slot Loading.

I’ve never heard it called that before.

Cougar

A wooden PC?

Two words; ventilation holes.

midlifecrashes

Two more:

Smoke Alarm!

molgrips
    Free Member

Got any pics? I can’t see how this would look good. Unless this is what you are building:

gravitysucks
    Free Member

No fear its got loads of ventilation. the components are on a floating board with fresh air being drawn from underneath and then thrown at the comp with a 22cm fan. Three 8cm fans built into the top at the rear to blow out the hot stuff. Its a media centre PC so this box that the TV sits on replaces the need for Bluray player / sky box / stereo etc. Just going for the minimilist look. One surge protector feeds into the rear and all cables and leads etc are sectioned off in the chest. The only cables that comes out is the HDMI for the plasma and the audio cables for speakers.

The comp will be fully hidden as it’ll just look a bit like this with a plasma sat on top…

http://www.pinebedside.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/pine-chest-300×235.jpg

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Molgrips thats awesome!!! Maybe I should build one of those. It might look a bit big though with a 42″ plasma incorporated into it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘anyone know where I can get a front loading Computer DVD/RW……’ is closed to new replies.