Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone know what year On-One's Recon Silver forks are?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve emailed On-One to ask, but on the off chance that someone here knows I thought I’d ask.

The forks came as part of a Scandal rolling chassis package and are marked Recon Silver, 100mm I think, with Turnkey lockout. My partner could really do with a soft spring.

According to TF-Tuned later models are more fiddly and more expensive to change the springs on.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought the Recon “Silver” was only available in the 2011 model range? Doesn’t the ‘silver’ denote cheaper silver coloured steel stanchions and the Recon “Gold” has the usual anodised Easton ones?

Prior to 2011, it was just the Recon of different travels and variants, but the stanchions were all the same finish.

but I might be wrong

andyl
    Free Member

probably best to post a pic of the forks you actually have.

Might also be a clue on a serial number.

thepodge
    Free Member

probably non uk spec so unless you know the country, colour is no help in identifying the year

PJay
    Free Member

TF-Tuned reckoned that Silvers were 2011 only, but On-One have told me that they’re 2010. Either way, I think I need the more expensive spring that bolts through the lowers (about £50). For now we might have to make do with the standard spring (the build’s on a budget).

The Silvers do have silver, steel stanchions and a steel steerer (OEM) but hopefully won’t be too bad compared to the nasty RS J2 one on my partner’s current bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what year On-One's Recon Silver forks are?’ is closed to new replies.