Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone know what the trail conditions in South Wales are like?
  • burntsandwich
    Free Member

Am thinking of heading to Wales early next week to do some singletrack riding – places like Afan and Brechfa. Does anyone know what the conditions are like at the moment? Have been riding around the North Downs this week and things are pretty wet, but quite rideable on top of the hills. I’m guessing that the main trails in Wales will be pretty similar, as opposed to being an unrideable mudfest.

damo2576
    Free Member

Conditions in Wales are not too bad, they have electricity in most places as well as running water. Still some outside toilets mind.

therag
    Free Member

Our summer was last monday, luckily our trails are All weather 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Konastoner
    Free Member

It’s been raining heavy on and off for the last 3 days so i’d say…….wet. But it’s always ridable 🙂

Freester

Brechfa was uber dry 2 weeks ago before all this rain.

HTH.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@burntsandwhich I am looking at riding at/around Brechfa/Brecons next week, IMO the trail centres will be OK. Drop me an email if you’re interested in meeting up, I’m Guildford based and looking at riding Tue, Wed or Thur.

hugor
    Free Member

It never stops raining in Wales for more than a few hours.
    The trails are very well built and always ride well.

burntsandwich
    Free Member

Ok sounds like the trails should be good to ride even with all this rain. Are there any major trails which should be avoided, or do they all drain pretty well?

hugor
    Free Member

The raven at Brechfa can be a bog in the wet in some sections.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know what the trail conditions in South Wales are like?’ is closed to new replies.